I cancelled Voom!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ds5178

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
I have had receiver problems since getting Voom. Mine locks up, constantly loads the program guide, refuses to show Starz, and the program guide will appear for no reason while watching TV. I have spent a lot of time with CSRs without success. Finally, they scheduled me for a new receiver to be delivered. We agreed on Friday, 1/09/04 between 5:00 and 5:30pm. I was supposed to get a phone call sometime prior to 5 to confirm that I was home. I left work early, but no one called and no one showed. I called at 5:30pm, and the service desk told me that they would page the installer and have them give me a call. No one ever called. No one ever showed up.

The weird thing is that I called Voom to cancel on Saturday, 1/10/04. The CSR kind of asked why and I told her that I was dissatisfied with the service and/or my receiver. I then told her that I had been stood up on Friday. She didn't seem to care, didn't try to talk me out of canceling, didn't try to fix my problem, and did not ask me to speak to a supervisor. I was kind of surprised. If I could be remotely satisfied that someone cared about my issues and kind of wanted me to remain a customer, I would have felt a little better about the service. Maybe I was even hoping there would be some type of attempt to compensate me and try to keep my business. There was no attempt. She turned off the service and scheduled someone to come take down the equipment off my roof. (I wonder if they'll show up and/or call on that day?)

Bad service and bad equipment is one thing. Not caring about customers is quite another. I have enjoyed posting and reading all of your excellent comments and ideas. Sean, you do a good job as moderator. Keep up the good work. Now I just have to wait on my 921...

David Sweeney

David,

Sorry to hear about all your problems. You are not the only who has quit on VOOM because of the same problems. VOOM has been quite a ride for some of us. Those that are willing to stay until the money back guarantee period might join you as well if service, addition of channels, and overall stragety does not change. I am sorry to hear about your problems but at the same time I am envious because you are getting the 921. I have not decided yet whether to invest in the 921. I am in waiting mode right now. One important thing. Let us know how soon you get your money credited to your account. We like to know.

Thanks for posting and participating in the forum and expect you to stick around for the 921 challenges. Don't forget to post when you get your credit from Voom. Thanks.

P.S. sorry left the word "not" out.

David,

I hear ya. Installer cancelled today FOR THE 2nd TIME bringing me my 3rd receiver. I have been trying to hang in there, but the equipment I have had so far has never functioned well and the service stinks. So far VOOM, while nice images (when I have them), has been not much more than wasted time off work waiting for installers that never show or show up late and frustrations such as yours. I'll be interested to hear how you request for money back goes...I may very well be right behind you.

Greg

Greg,

Send an e-mail to Wilt at VOOM and he will get you the receiver in a minute. Describe to him the problem you are having with the installer. If you want to get it as soon as possible send him an e-mail.

wilth@optonline.net with the following information: your name, address, with zipcode, and phone number.

Sean,

Thanks for the reply. Wilt emailed me 12/31, said he'd "get right on it." I'm tried of telling my story...nothing changes, nothing improves.

Digital Pioneer said:
Sean,

Thanks for the reply. Wilt emailed me 12/31, said he'd "get right on it." I'm tried of telling my story...nothing changes, nothing improves.

Greg,

I have sent an e-mail to Wilt to get in touch with you either through here or pm or e-mail. I hope a good resolution comes out of this.

After going through the hard sell of 4 supervisors to cancel DirecTV, I'll tell you not being fought to be a consumer of what you want is not not a bad thing.

Didn't Voom advertise you could cancel with no questions asked?

Thanks Sean, but...................

No one from VOOM has contacted me, phone, email or otherwise.

Installer who cancelled yesterday and was to be here at 5PM just called (6:40PM) they can't seem to figure out where they (local installer) shipped my receiver............

and so it goes

Follow Up

Installer says UPS to blame. Box sitting in another town. Wanted to send installer out anyway to check my connection stating that as I am on my second box already "its highly unlikely" that another box is bad....and then wanted to argue with me about it. I had already been through this with the VOOM techs (which is why they shipped the 3rd box). I told installer it would be a waste of everyone's time to send him out without replacement equipment. Now saying they will not come out until end of next week................that is if they find the box..............

Called VOOM (which BTW was my only contact from them today) and as I have heard before "it will be escalated".......someone will call tomorrow

VOOM execs need to rethink policy of not sending equipment directly to customer...if they had done so this issue would have been solved nearly three weeks ago. I really do not need an installer to switch the box nor the aggravation , VOOM does not need to spend the $$ to swap the box nor was VOOM in the position of having to have gone to all this expense only to have me request my money back at the end of the free period......which is my intent at this point unless VOOM is willing to try and make this up to this customer in some way....

I'm going to my happy place now.........................

Digital Pioneer,

Gee, what a nightmare man! V* really need to change policy regarding swapping receivers. I would not say most people can do this but some will do without an installer being present.

I hope VOOM compensate you for all your troubles. You have given them enough changes for them to rectify the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)