I can't get AMC8 and Gol TV on AMC 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

monz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Repentigny, Québec
On AMC 8 (139W) I have a good signal on some transponders (near 70%) and on Espn radio channels but I've tried many blind scans that gives me nothing at all.

On AMC 1 (103 W) all transponders are over 70% except the one with Gol TV (4040 H, 30000 2/3) that I had to create.

One last thing. Is there a way to boost the dish incoming signal, my dish is at 80 feet from the house?

Thanks in advance.

How big is your dish?
What receiver?
Any switches, splices, or other things in your cable?
What kind of coax are you using?
You have a clear view (no tree limbs)?
What LNBF?

On AMC 8 (139W) I have a good signal on some transponders (near 70%) and on Espn radio channels but I've tried many blind scans that gives me nothing at all.
What receiver are you using?? My S9 has a tuff time getting anything on a blind scan but 139 is through some tree tops.
On AMC 1 (103 W) all transponders are over 70% except the one with Gol TV (4040 H, 30000 2/3) that I had to create.
Same here. 4040 is 'iffy' at best. Most of the time it's too weak to lock at all. Weird thing is, it used to be a solid 70 a while ago, but that's been some time ago.
Is there a way to boost the dish incoming signal, my dish is at 80 feet from the house?
The ONLY way is a bigger dish. Focuses more satellite signal into the feed horn.

With GeosatPro MicroHD, I have a 8 foot dish, BSC621 Lnbf (But I use it only for c-band, I have a 30 inches for KU), RG6 95% cop Coax in one shot exept for the DISEqC switch inside the house (I've tried without and it's the same reception. I have a clear view and the sky is very clear today.

I really would have liked to have Espn and especilally GolTv.

But if it's really impossible, I'll live without.

Thanks!

For 139w the microHD is capable of scanning all APIDs, but the BAT on this transponder is EXTREMELY HUGE and not well built. Change the scan type to FTA and Radio only then rescan, repeating 25 - 30 times. Sometimes the table playout will be in an unlogged block and the microHD will log up to 128 radio services, the next scan might only get 40 or even none... :eek:

Or you can use one of the channel editors and manually add the desired PIDs. :D

An 80 foot run should not require any boosting. As long as you are using good quality RGGG6 or better, 250/300 foot or more runs MIGHT benefit from a quality inline amplifier (but usually not). Usually best just to install quality coax cables.

Last edited:
Espn on AMC 8 no Lyngsat infos?

I'm inserting channels manually with Ali editor and on Lyngsat there aint no SR-FEC SID-VPID for Espn in 4154 V at AMC8 .

Does anyone knows them? :confused:

No because its not publicly posted on this website. We dont share channel info in the open here. But just in general terms there's over 1000 PID's on that transponder, and depending on the receiver they dont all log. My Dreambox was one of the few that did, but the Dreambox doesn't play them, alas. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)