I can't get Dish to replace my 622

Russell Jorgensen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Wisconsin
I seem to have a bad 622 HD DVR. It will suddenly send a squeeling sound through my home entertainment system and the the screen will go black. I have to reboot the box in order to get a picture back. It also seems to have trouble with it's over the air tuner. Some times it can't lock on to the station. I have a 211 HD reciever that can have on the same station and it will work fine. I have switched the two recievers around thinking that it might be bad wireing but that's not the case. The 622 still cuts out and the 211 works fine. I called Dish about it and the tech. said that he didn't want to replace the reciever. He wanted to send out an installer to my house to see if the wireing was bad. I had all ready told him that my 211 worked fine no matter it was and that the 622 was bad no matter wher it was hooked up. He just doesn't seem to understand. I was also told that I would get a call the next day to have an appoitment scheduled. That was three days ago and no call yet. Is there anyway to get dish to replace this 622? It's leased with only 6 weeks left on my commitment.

Call back and you'll probably get a different CS rep that will replace it. I think you case is unusual. They usually just replace it instead of trying to troubleshoot.

well, you just let them send an installer. If the receiver is really defective, I think they will replace it. If not, then it is their fault.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)