OTA/Modulated Receiver Hook-up

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I will be having a DishTV install soon and was wondering the best way to hook up the OTA and modulated signal to the satellite receivers. What is the best way to do it? OTA to receiver and modulated to the TV RF input? Or, OTA and modulated combined to the receiver? I am planning on modulating out from a 625 and two 722s. I would like if possible for all modulated out to be able to view at all three receivers and of course the rest of the non receiver TVs. I understand that this signal will not be HD but I am not concerned with that. All three receivers will have four leads each going to each location. Sat, modulated out, modulated in, and OTA. All leads are going to the head end in the basement. The OTA antenna is split 3-ways to the receivers and the modulated out coax from the receivers go to a three way combiner. The combiner out lead goes to a 12 port splitter. All the 12 port splitter leads go to all TV/receiver locations as modulated in. I am not up to speed yet on satellite receivers. Thanks for your help.

Need More Info

I will be having a DishTV install soon and was wondering the best way to hook up the OTA and modulated signal to the satellite receivers. What is the best way to do it? OTA to receiver and modulated to the TV RF input? Or, OTA and modulated combined to the receiver? I am planning on modulating out from a 625 and two 722s. I would like if possible for all modulated out to be able to view at all three receivers and of course the rest of the non receiver TVs. I understand that this signal will not be HD but I am not concerned with that. All three receivers will have four leads each going to each location. Sat, modulated out, modulated in, and OTA. All leads are going to the head end in the basement. The OTA antenna is split 3-ways to the receivers and the modulated out coax from the receivers go to a three way combiner. The combiner out lead goes to a 12 port splitter. All the 12 port splitter leads go to all TV/receiver locations as modulated in. I am not up to speed yet on satellite receivers. Thanks for your help.

OK you goaded me into a response. Your information is confusing but I think you are asking how to combine the OTA with the Mod Out of the sat receivers. First off I don't understand your need for a 12 port splitter. Also you indicate you have 2 TVs and will be getting 3 receivers so I assume you actually have 3 TVs. In such a scenario there is no need to hook up the modulated output of the satellite receivers. That is generally used for TV(s) that do not have a dedicated satellite receiver, e.g., a household with two TVs and one 722.

If you have 3 receivers and more than 3 TVs, that's another story but with 4 coax cables run to each TV location, you have a lot of flexibility. Let me/us know exactly what Dr. Video installs.

Thanks for responding back Red hazard. My question is: what is the best way to connect the OTA IN and the Modulated IN coax (two separate coax) to the satellite receivers (625 and two 722s)? The receiver has a TV antenna cable in and of course the TV itself has the RF in. I would like for the TVs at the receiver locations to be able to view DVR stuff that we might want to view from each other. Nothing will be diplexed and I know where to connect the Modulated out separate coax. The 625 will be the primary receiver for all the TVs throughout the house that do not have a satellite receiver. The two 722s will be primarily dedicated to their TV locations. One in the great room and one in the master bedroom. We have eleven TV locations so the 12 port splitter has one port not being used. The modulated out coax from each satellite receiver goes to the head end attached to a 3-way combine splitter. The out coax from the combine splitter goes to the 12 port splitter. So all 11 hooked up ports on the 12 port splitter will have modulated out signal to all TVs including the TVs at the satellite receiver locations.

Thanks for responding back Red hazard. My question is: what is the best way to connect the OTA IN and the Modulated IN coax (two separate coax) to the satellite receivers (625 and two 722s)? The receiver has a TV antenna cable in and of course the TV itself has the RF in. I would like for the TVs at the receiver locations to be able to view DVR stuff that we might want to view from each other. Nothing will be diplexed and I know where to connect the Modulated out separate coax. The 625 will be the primary receiver for all the TVs throughout the house that do not have a satellite receiver. The two 722s will be primarily dedicated to their TV locations. One in the great room and one in the master bedroom. We have eleven TV locations so the 12 port splitter has one port not being used. The modulated out coax from each satellite receiver goes to the head end attached to a 3-way combine splitter. The out coax from the combine splitter goes to the 12 port splitter. So all 11 hooked up ports on the 12 port splitter will have modulated out signal to all TVs including the TVs at the satellite receiver locations.

Sorry Charles, I am not sure what all equipment you have and want to do. Maybe someone else can take a stab at this. Here goes anyway.

If you are using a DVR NTSC modulated output i.e., chan 3/4 output, I don't think the 722s can demodulate it. The 811 could handle both analog (NSTC) and digital (ATSC)signals but I don't think the 722 can. When I had the 811 I found that I was almost never watching the NTSC versions of OTA anyway. You will probably have to use the antenna coax inputs on the TV themselves but you will have to check to see if they too have NTSC tuners (if this is what you trying to do). I am not familiar with the 625 receiver.

Sorry Charles, I am not sure what all equipment you have and want to do. Maybe someone else can take a stab at this. Here goes anyway.

If you are using a DVR NTSC modulated output i.e., chan 3/4 output, I don't think the 722s can demodulate it. The 811 could handle both analog (NSTC) and digital (ATSC)signals but I don't think the 722 can. When I had the 811 I found that I was almost never watching the NTSC versions of OTA anyway. You will probably have to use the antenna coax inputs on the TV themselves but you will have to check to see if they too have NTSC tuners (if this is what you trying to do). I am not familiar with the 625 receiver.

OK thanks, I will let you know how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)