I did it, they are coming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not really, the new national offer that has been coming in the Sunday inserts for at least a month, is for 1 HD DVR & 1 HD receiver - so you got the same thing everyone else gets... :D
I got what every New Customer got, But I got more then what most Exsiting customers get.;)

Last edited:
I know DirecTV has stated to not go out and buy equipment to get MRV working on a home network, but if you already have one, just connect the receivers with Cat5e/6 and opt in for the beta MRV. Working great here with my HR20 and HR23.

I think you're going to like DirecTV. And, if your television is 50" or larger, you'll likely notice improved PQ. Welcome!

Jeff

Well dispite the rumors of D12 dying, I deceided to still proceed with my HD upgrade today from D*.
They are coming between 8-12.
No way shape of form is D* going to let E* take HD world away from D* much longer.
It seems the Testing of D12 is still going on, but D* didn't seem to have any plans before the 2nd quarter anyhow.
So to me it looks like its right on schedule.

No one has any info on D12 to prove otherwise.

Well dispite the rumors of D12 dying, I deceided to still proceed with my HD upgrade today from D*.
They are coming between 8-12.
No way shape of form is D* going to let E* take HD world away from D* much longer.
It seems the Testing of D12 is still going on, but D* didn't seem to have any plans before the 2nd quarter anyhow.
So to me it looks like its right on schedule.

No one has any info on D12 to prove otherwise.

You are correct, no one knows for sure if anything is wrong, it's pretty much speculation.

If they said the new stuff would be here in the 2nd quarter they still have plenty of time.

Welcome to the D* world Hemi !

I think that if they can get the National HD Channels up and with the currrent Hardware Promo they are offiering I think they can make get some new customers or maybe some old ones ;)

On the wait for D12...

I heard last Monday that testing was going good and that the bird should start drifting in a few days.

Has something changed since then? That I don't know.

I think that the silence from DirecTV is causing some of the anxioty from their fans.

But then again I believe the old saying goes "waiting is the hardest part!"

That is true in this case. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The waiting won't be so bad for someone just signing up. The waiting has arguably been insufferable for those who have seen only two HD whoda-thunk channels added in the last year.

Well, ran into some small issues , but Tech been here 4 hours going on 5.
Nothing major just some set backs. Good Guy so far.
HR23 is what I got.

Well, ran into some small issues , but Tech been here 4 hours going on 5.
Nothing major just some set backs. Good Guy so far.
HR23 is what I got.

What kind of set backs ?

Is the HR23 what you were hoping for ? (knowing that you would not get the HR24)

Bad Gounding block, Gave 0's on Odds on th 119 and 103.
Thought it was the LNB, wasn't
Then checked the Multi switch, Wasn't that
Then checked Grounding block,and one if the ports was turned inside, and all fudged up.
So he got that fixed, Then went to activate, and failed the 99 signal test, checked and repeaked again, then called D* for a signal waiver.
Then they made him go out and step by step repeak the dish while on his niffty Directv phone.
Got it slightly better, just enough to pass the test.

I felt bad for the guy a little, D* was so mean to him over the phone, but in a sence it made me feel good knowing D* doesn't let Tech leave with sub par signal level, Unlike E* does.

HR-23, Well Lets just say I'm going to keep an open mind.
But not much if at all any different the the HR 20.
These are no VIPS . Anyone who thinks these HR's are fast and smooth, NEVER used a VIP .
I'll leave it at that.

For the most part the Hr23 is easy to use, Native is a nice missed setting, But channel navigation is even slower when this is turned on.
HD PQ D* hands down the winner
sorry E* Stop cramming.
H23, well its an HD receiver, nothing fancy.

So far so good.
MY Service seems reliable.
Tech was here for 5 1/2 to install a Slimline,Run 4 wires to a wb68.

E* I just Dropped my down to Dish America Sliver with my 722.
And the end of May , I'll be done.

List of Free stuff from D* I currently have.
  • MLB EI Entire season Free, with Choice Extra pack.
  • Starz for 3 months
  • Showtime for 3 months
  • HD extra for 3 months
  • Free Cinemax with $14.99 puchase of HBO.

Last edited:
Bad Gounding block, Gave 0's on Odds on th 119 and 103.
Thought it was the LNB, wasn't
Then checked the Multi switch, Wasn't that
Then checked Grounding block,and one if the ports was turned inside, and all fudged up.
So he got that fixed, Then went to activate, and failed the 99 signal test, checked and repeaked again, then called D* for a signal waiver.
Then they made him go out and step by step repeak the dish while on his niffty Directv phone.
Got it slightly better, just enough to pass the test.

I felt bad for the guy a little, D* was so mean to him over the phone, but in a sence it made me feel good knowing D* doesn't let Tech leave with sub par signal level, Unlike E* does.

HR-23, Well Lets just say I'm going to keep an open mind.
But not much if at all any different the the HR 20.
These are no VIPS . Anyone who thinks these HR's are fast and smooth, NEVER used a VIP .
I'll leave it at that.

For the most part the Hr23 is easy to use, Native is a nice missed setting, But channel navigation is even slower when this is turned on.
HD PQ D* hands down the winner
sorry E* Stop cramming.
H23, well its an HD receiver, nothing fancy.

So far so good.
MY Service seems reliable.
Tech was here for 5 1/2 to install a Slimline,Run 4 wires to a wb68.

E* I just Dropped my down to Dish America Sliver with my 722.
And the end of May , I'll be done.

List of Free stuff from D* I currently have.
  • MLB EI Entire season Free, with Choice Extra pack.
  • Starz for 3 months
  • Showtime for 3 months
  • HD extra for 3 months
  • Free Cinemax with $14.99 puchase of HBO.

Thanks for the info (HD better on DTV). I know that it is subject to different perceptions, as I've been reading on these threads but that seems to be the majority opinion.

Hemi,
Glad you get everything up and running :)

The Ground Block has nothing to do with the transponder settings being at 0, it had to be something else, like maybe misaligned.

You can have everything up and running fine without a ground, I wouldn't recommend it, but it's not actually a requirement to get signal to the recvrs.

As for the HR23, all the HR's since the 20 actually have been newer units with small differences, nothing major, they changed the size of the HD, some need BBC's others don't and the newest one (hr24) supports DECA, but for the most part they all work off the HR20 framework.

After the HR20's left you could no longer use a OTA antenna without an add on feature (AM21) that D* probably never expected to need but found out later that people DO use thier OTA set ups still.

Hemi,
Glad you get everything up and running :)

The Ground Block has nothing to do with the transponder settings being at 0, it had to be something else, like maybe misaligned.

The gounding block has everything to do with it when the wires from the dish aren't making a connection.
Anytime there is an odd even issue, its Voltage related.
LNB's, Multiswitch, faulty grounding blocks.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/JVI/4-Way-Grounding-Block.JPG

It wasn't the LNB, and it wasn't the WB68, He changed the Grounding block and it was fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)