I don't understand DirecTv or Dish Network, they both suck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
At one time in the past I was a professional installer for Dish and did it for six years earning employee of the month within my office and getting national recognition for the quality of work I did within the company as well as a thank you letter for work performed after hurricanes Katrina and Rita to help customers get their systems back up and running to have access to pertinant news for their area.

Is it difficult to install a DBS system? That depends on what your talking about really and there are a handful of factors that go into the installation of any satellite system wether its DBS or FTA or CB. Anyone can run a cable line along an outside wall or into and around an unfinished basement but the average Joe wouldnt have any idea about fishing a line inside a wall from the basement or attic nor would they know about the right way to avoid internal utilities such as electric or gas or water as well as duct work and vent pipes and sewer lines. The average Joe also wont know about local and national building codes, they also wont know about proper grounding or even grounding.

At one time Dish did have customer self install kits but they phased it out due to the high amount of service calls to have a professional installer come out and fix the system the customer tried to install but failed at. They also phased it out because very few customers would actually install the systems to the company specs and to the building codes which would cause a warranty issue and other issues should there be a lightning strike or similiar problem.

Now for the OP your either a troll or playing a lame joke but one thing I will say is that your grammar and spelling is so bad it makes Goaliebob and Scott and mine look like the works of Shakespear.

Try installing and aiming/peaking one of D*'s 5 LNB dishes up on a steeply pitched roof without a meter.

Once you've done that and locked in 90+ on all 5 sats e-mail us back and tell us how easy you thought THAT was!

Last edited:
I am still having a hard time understanding all this stuff about how important it is to have a professional install your equipment for Directv or Dish. Has people today really gotten that stupid? Do school teach anything technical anymore?

wouldn't it be eaiser to just simply put on there website, instructions on how to do it. i think people would feel much better knowing that they did it there selfs in there own home, than having a so called pro come out and do it. it doesn't take a certified tech to install a DBS system. That is the biggest joke I have ever heard of. Any person with a 5th grade education can do it. if you can put a model car together, than you can install your stinking DBS system. all this tech talk about all these tools needed to find singals and to properly allign your dish is all bull. a paper with simple instructions and a map will show anyone how to do it. there is no special tools needed to setup your system. just a basic tool set that all people should have anyway, will do.

Dish Network and DirecTv is just another way to make people in this world lazy. to rely on these so called techs to come there houses and reallign there dish everytime a kid hits it with a stinking ball, or replace a reciever that went bad cause they all suck anyway.

if your going to own a system, teach people about it, make it better, sell brand names people know and trust, offer warrantys on your products, if it simply breaks, send it back for a new one. simple as that. people should be able to buy there stuff, like you would a DVD Player or a TV. They should be able to buy it, set it up and enjoy it, and not have to rely on stinking techs coming into there homes, half assing hook ups to tvs, drilling holes where they don't be needed and than saying, "if you need anything give us a call." what a lame ass stupid thing to do. it didn't seem that hard to teach people how to setup and use a computer, and it didn't seem that hard to teach cosumers how to hook up there stinking hdtvs on there walls. well DBS is no diffrent. Education is the key to succeed in any business. you will see more customers come to the service, since there no longer scared to set the sh*t up, and you will see the rates get lower on these package plans. the rates are so damn high, its disgusting.

I think if your not smart enough to install your own DBS than you need to just get cable. Yea, Plug that little wire into the back of your tv and call the cable company!

smarten up peoples!!! don't let these companys fool you! Cable sucks too!
Grammatical errors highlighted. Is that what a fifth grade education gets you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts