I don't understand why I'm being told different things by Dish...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MkxMUFC

Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
Chicago
I called earlier today to add multi-sport pack for Redzone. They were nice enough to cut it in half for me, due to me bringing up the Extra Time channels that I am still upset about...

Anyways I got to talking about the Hopper. They offered me a free upgrade, free installation. They would give me a Hopper plus 2 Joeys. I decided to add another Joey because salesperson told me that he would add in a free iPad if I were to upgrade. Great I am all set up and ready to go. He tells me my monthly will remain exactly the same (except for multi sport pack addition)

So I go to Dish Support chat later on because I'm confused about the Hopper and how the recording works with the Joey (which is less beneficial than what I currently have since everyone in my house records a lot...). She tells me only 2 Joeys are scheduled to be added, and my bill $7 higher than what I was told on the phone. With the other joey added and this mystery extra cost its pushing $170 a month... I figured maybe the internet rep is just confused as they usually are.

So i call into Dish, and now I am being told something completely different than the first time I called. Now what the chat rep told me is right. My bill increased, the 3rd Joey wasn't added, and if I don't want my bill to increase monthly I have to pay an installation fee. On top of that the iPad does not come with my order any more and I can't get it at all.

This is extremely annoying and frustrating how everything changed in a matter of 3 hours. On top of that I can't get 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys, because they're not allowed to do that? What is going on.

They ARE allowed to do that.

Welcome to the world of CSR roulette.

Contact DIRT and they'll give you the straight scoop. Click here and go near the very bottom of the page under "Active Users Over the Past 45 Minutes" and look for a name in RED to click on. These are the best reps Dish has, and they'll help you. None are on duty now, but I'm sure tomorrow they'll be there.

And I'd recommend sticking with 2 Hoppers (with Sling preferred).

I have two hoppers and one Joey.
They finally gave me the option. After being on the phone with them for an hour or more, I got the 2 hoppers, but they refuse to give the iPad. They said it is impossible for them to give the iPad even though it was promised. So I kept asking to go up and up the chain. One lady offered me $25 off for 10 months. My exact response to that was "is there anyone that I can talk to about the iPad?" and she transferred me. The next guy, who said he was sitting right next to her, said he won't give me the iPad and won't give me the $25 for 10 months either and the best he'll do is $10 for 10 months. This really set me off, but he refused and said fine I'll give you $10 off for 20 months and still refused to give me the $25 for 10 months. I don't get it. What kind of service is this.

With the free Hopper upgrade, you should have never been promised an iPad. A screw-up by the CSR, no question. In lieu of, they offered you a very generous alternative. Do the math. Regarding installation, contact DIRT. Don't make any more CALLS!!!

With the free Hopper upgrade, you should have never been promised an iPad. A screw-up by the CSR, no question. In lieu of, they offered you a very generous alternative. Do the math.
I'm fine with that, but then they offered me off $25 off for 10 months, and just because I simply said can I speak to someone else about the iPad, they refuse to give me that offer? I mean whatever I guess $10 for 20 months isn't that much less, but still what is going on.

I'm fine with that, but then they offered me off $25 off for 10 months, and just because I simply said can I speak to someone else about the iPad, they refuse to give me that offer? I mean whatever I guess $10 for 20 months isn't that much less, but still what is going on.

Nothing that doesn't happen with any other company's with under-trained, under paid CSRs. Simple truth of the matter.

Shoulda taken it. Worth more than the iPad2, IMHO. $10 for 20 is pretty darned good too.

So you are getting 2 hoppers and one joey installed for free,plus $10 off for 20 months?If so,that is a Major Score!

Stop calling. Wait until monday and ring up one of the DIRT members.
Stop asking for stuff.
And DO NOT call Dish any more until this gets resolved.

in the future i would go through DIRT first, and secondly if you need to use the chat feature on dish's website. with the chat you can save a copy of the transcript of your discussion. If they made a promise then you will have a record. sorry they didn't hold up to their offers. hope you can get it all resolved.

I'm fine with that, but then they offered me off $25 off for 10 months, and just because I simply said can I speak to someone else about the iPad, they refuse to give me that offer?
The iPad 2 offer is "available for new customers only". Since you're already a customer, the offer is not available to you. Easy peasy.

So is the moral of the story,we can't trust Dish online chat nor Dish telephone service for anything. High praise to SatelliteGuys for having DIRT here.DIRT seems to be our only honest alternative.

The iPad 2 offer is "available for new customers only". Since you're already a customer, the offer is not available to you. Easy peasy.
Not true. I've seen existing customers get an iPad for making referrals or some other criteria.

In the past six weeks I have gotten several emails from Dish, stating that I would receive an iPad for referring three new customers to Dish. The email also stated that I would also receive $5.00 off for ten months and five PPV certificates. I have not referred the three new accounts as required for the offer but the email from Dish is a current valid offer according to reps I have spoken to at Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)