Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
So I had my reinstall today... the installer brought an HR21. I had an HR20-700 that I'd bought at CC. And they were reactivating my old HR10-250. So I guess I'm running the gambit! Anyway, I was really disapointed that the HR21 lacks OTA, since in my area ABS, CW11, and PBS HD are all not available in local HD. Is it worth my calling and trying to fight for an HR20 instead? THe installer was trying to sell me on how great the 21 is.

fight it how? If all that are in stock for the HSP, and Small retailers are HR21??????

fight it how? If all that are in stock for the HSP, and Small retailers are HR21??????

I would talk to D* directly, when they send you a replacement, it doesn't come from your particular installation company, it comes from D*'s warehouse.

Jimbo

It's claimed both will be available but its luck of the draw what you get stuck with. All of this is utter BS.

Just like when they could not tell you if you were getting a HR20-700 or -100, same situation.
I think they will be having second thoughts about this new HR21 when people start calling in complaining about no OTA.

It would not surprise me to see another line of rec's coming out WITH the OTA in it again.

Jimbo

Just like when they could not tell you if you were getting a HR20-700 or -100, same situation.
I think they will be having second thoughts about this new HR21 when people start calling in complaining about no OTA.

It would not surprise me to see another line of rec's coming out WITH the OTA in it again.

Jimbo

I really hope people do complain. It will force them into the fix sooner(hopefully)

So I had my reinstall today... the installer brought an HR21. I had an HR20-700 that I'd bought at CC. And they were reactivating my old HR10-250. So I guess I'm running the gambit! Anyway, I was really disapointed that the HR21 lacks OTA, since in my area ABS, CW11, and PBS HD are all not available in local HD. Is it worth my calling and trying to fight for an HR20 instead? THe installer was trying to sell me on how great the 21 is.

I upgraded an initially received an HR21 from installer which I refused. Called D* and told them that when I initially called to upgrade I told the CSR either i get an HR20 or I don't upgrade. They said they would provide HR20 but tech said I was his first customer to receive the HR21 from his lot of stock. D* gave me the tough luck story too but when they said that I told them to have tech remove the install. Then I got supervisor who said same thing. Long story short...they sent me an HR20 from warehouse few days later. It was a good thing since the HR21 failed miserably for me. I had to reboot the thing 3 times in first day. The Active feature didnt work either. I have been customer for 10 years so maybe that helped along with the fact that I told them to remove everything they had just installed.

I'd fight it even if you had ALL of your locals in HD on satellite.

Removing a feature such as OTA from a HD satellite box is just non-sense...just as bad as the other box not being able to scan the OTA channels in. What's your backup plan when your HD-LiL goes down for an hour and your wife's favorite show is on?

Well, I'm going to make the call and see if I can squeeze them. I have little faith, but maybe I'll get lucky.

GOOD LUCK
I called to see about upgrading last weekend. They offered an HD receiver for free or $99.00 credit towards a HD DVR.After them agreeing to send me the equipment they couldn't promise a 20 series machine, OTA is important to me too. I was told if I bought one they would credit my account when I activated it. I bought a HD DVR at CC and had to buy the dish too. Installed it and when I activated it was told "we can't give the credit" I was told was noted on my account. Finally got $10.00 a month for a year, if they really do it. I am a 10 year customer who has never asked for or received any deals except for maybe when I first signed up. Not sure how they can rate high in customer satisfaction but hopefully you can do better.

I'd fight it even if you had ALL of your locals in HD on satellite.

Removing a feature such as OTA from a HD satellite box is just non-sense...just as bad as the other box not being able to scan the OTA channels in. What's your backup plan when your HD-LiL goes down for an hour and your wife's favorite show is on?

GOOD LUCK
I called to see about upgrading last weekend. They offered an HD receiver for free or $99.00 credit towards a HD DVR.After them agreeing to send me the equipment they couldn't promise a 20 series machine, OTA is important to me too. I was told if I bought one they would credit my account when I activated it. I bought a HD DVR at CC and had to buy the dish too. Installed it and when I activated it was told "we can't give the credit" I was told was noted on my account. Finally got $10.00 a month for a year, if they really do it. I am a 10 year customer who has never asked for or received any deals except for maybe when I first signed up. Not sure how they can rate high in customer satisfaction but hopefully you can do better.

It's been MY experience that they don't/ wont give credits if you don't buy right from them.
I had an installer come out with the wrong equipment and did n't want to have to rescedule, told them I could run down to the local BB (10 minutes) and be back with one ... they said Fine, but would take away the deal I was offered.......

Jimbo

Yes, that seems to be true so they NEVER should have told me they would do that in the first place. I even saved them how ever much they pay someone to do an install. I guess I still came out a little ahead of the first deal, just a lot of frustration to get the equipment you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)