I finally bought a 4dtv :-)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
After looking for a long time I finally took the plunge and grabbed a 920. the board and battery are only 2 years old so I dont think I have any worries on that score for a while.

Anyways, just a heads up, I am sure I will have lots of questions soon!

Now you can pick up all the free DCII channels too :)
Tony,
That is one of the reasons I grabbed it, there are some interesting channels that I hear about that come in "freeview" mode on a 4dtv. I am really looking forward to seeing just how much DCII stuff I see that is listed as FTA DCII on lyngsat I am actually able to recieve.

Another reason I grabbed a 4dtv is that we have lost some of our analog VCII sub
channels to DCII, so to improve the WAF* I had to grab a 4dtv, otherwise she was threatening to talk to some guy offering a pizza pan for sale ;-)

*WAF- Wife Approval Factor

One of the best purchases I made was my 922 from NPS. :)

Lots of interesting things you can get too with those generic satellite tiles.!!...!!!

Lots of interesting things you can get too with those generic satellite tiles.!!...!!!
I have heard about using "generics" to put in fta dcII channels, how well does that work? Is it easy to do? do you find you can get lots of the stuff on listed as FTA DCII on Lyngsat, or does most of it not work?

I won't post much here in the public area because it seems most gets encrypted, but all you do is go to, lets say C3, go into options and select either CE, CF, or CG (set them up for the same location as the sat you are on) and each transponder is 20 channels, example, tr 1 is CE 100-119, TR 2 IS 120-139; ETC, ETC. CE is for 29270 channels and the other 2 is for 19510 channels. Most come in automatically and if you sub to any 4dtv packages this should work, otherwise if your 4dtv box hasn't ever been subbed then most of them won't come thru.

Took me a while to figure it out but it works, and there is a lot out there that comes and goes...but what I have seen, I have been WOW'd!

Also might note that using a 922 (probably a 920 as well) many of the programs on generics pop up as being unable to locate ratings info. To clear the message and pull up a picture you might have to hit options 6-4-4-enter-info. Then every 15 minutes tap the right or left arrow.

SD

Also might note that using a 922 (probably a 920 as well) many of the programs on generics pop up as being unable to locate ratings info. To clear the message and pull up a picture you might have to hit options 6-4-4-enter-info. Then every 15 minutes tap the right or left arrow.

SD

I didn't know this, so if it says that crap about locked out for ratings, just do this and it will work? Is there a picture on those channels? There is a lot that says that. Will try, thanks!

Good way to get generic satellites unmapped

Sorry but that response completely eludes me. Perhaps the senility is setting in with age but how does one cause a generic to get unmapped when they are not mapped in the first place. I was always under the impression that working around the lack of ratings info only corrected essentially an annoying issue in the EC firmware.

Well the 920 arrived today and it is now all hooked up :D Seems to work just fine, but it is not quite as easy to program as my Drake was. With the Drake all I had to do was find sats at each end of the arc and one in the middle, after that it programmed in all my sats for me. Too bad the 4dtv doesnt do the same thing, BUT it does get all kinds of stuff my Drake did not :D All in all I am pretty happy with it, and hopefully I will be so for a long time.

Well the 920 arrived today and it is now all hooked up :D Seems to work just fine, but it is not quite as easy to program as my Drake was. With the Drake all I had to do was find sats at each end of the arc and one in the middle, after that it programmed in all my sats for me. Too bad the 4dtv doesnt do the same thing, BUT it does get all kinds of stuff my Drake did not :D All in all I am pretty happy with it, and hopefully I will be so for a long time.

The 4dtv has a easy sat locator, and it should work fine after setting in about 3 satellites, mine always works great up untill AMC-3 anything east after that I mostly need to program myself.

I wasnt able to find it in the menues on the 920, can you tell me how to use it?

I wasnt able to find it in the menues on the 920, can you tell me how to use it?

It should work auto, after the master reset and once you set in all your settings, and limits, set one sat on each end of arc using whatever sats in the small list, and maybe one or two in between, then return to position 5000 that should be Galaxy-15 or Galaxy-10 and load the maps tuning in the DCII channel and turning the unit off for 30 minutes, when you turn the unit back on go into the satelite setting menu and select a satellite and it should be able to find it on it's own, it's best to always bump and skew it to the max because the 4dtv will get you there but it's up to you to get the best quality numbers before hitting save.

Thanks TDTI!
I did not do a master reset, i had just jumped n and started changing sat positions lol. By the time I read your reply I had all the sats programmed in. I had made sure that I had a list of live tps off of my DVB STB, so I used those to fine tune in all the sats.

So far VERY impressed with the 4dtv, all kinds of cool stuff :D

Thanks TDTI!
I did not do a master reset, i had just jumped n and started changing sat positions lol. By the time I read your reply I had all the sats programmed in. I had made sure that I had a list of live tps off of my DVB STB, so I used those to fine tune in all the sats.

So far VERY impressed with the 4dtv, all kinds of cool stuff :D

It is always best to do a master reset, I do one once a year just for the hell of it, did you look at you tdt count? because if it is at 1920 you will start to notice issues with the 4dtv, and will need to do a reset.

Thanks tdti, I will take a look at that, and if necessary do a master reset.

I have just bought a used 920 GI 4DTV, it was working fine until yesterday morning. For some reason my son decided to reset to factory setting I finally got my Digital channels to come back on, but my DC light wont light up. Do ya'll think he fried something? I cant get any help, on how to get the DC light back on. What do I do??

Thanking you in advance!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)