I Finally Got It!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheHamNerd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 15, 2014
Yukon, Oklahoma
Well, I finally got two things!

I got my new Sathero 600HD in the mail, and I finally found Galaxy 19! Tonight was my first run with the new meter! I now have 2 dishes setup fixed with a Diseqc switch. One dish on 95W for CCTV news, and now I have 97W G19...OMG I am so excited I cannot see straight! :happydance I have so much news now at my fingertips, I don't know if my brain can handle it! :whoo I love international news, so much better with a different view from stateside news!

I have another dish that needs to be planted, then I will have 3 up on the farm! Anyone know of any other birds with news, or documentary channels worth watching?

I will have to give a report on the new SH600-HD meter when I figure out how to use it to it's full extent.

Well, I finally got two things!

I got my new Sathero 600HD in the mail, and I finally found Galaxy 19! Tonight was my first run with the new meter! I now have 2 dishes setup fixed with a Diseqc switch. One dish on 95W for CCTV news, and now I have 97W G19...OMG I am so excited I cannot see straight! :happydance I have so much news now at my fingertips, I don't know if my brain can handle it! :whoo I love international news, so much better with a different view from stateside news!

I have another dish that needs to be planted, then I will have 3 up on the farm! Anyone know of any other birds with news, or documentary channels worth watching?

I will have to give a report on the new SH600-HD meter when I figure out how to use it to it's full extent.

Funny thing, but today I was wondering what was your status with your project.
Congrats.
Now that you have G19, I´d recommend you check out Russia Today, Al Etejah, Press TV, CNC World News.
Ebru tv has a news cast covering international news.
KTV2 has some brief newscasts in Engliish, and almost all of their programming is English, (once Ramadan is over it should be back to normal).
Duna World has a news update in English.
Those are the ones at the top of my mind for international news and documentaries in English.
In Spanish there´s an all news ch. Telesur.

Don´t remember if We suggested other birds, I think you mentioned 30w was below your horizon, but if that bird still has Press tv and Al Etejah you already have them.
125w with the PBS channels has good documentaries.
I know you may try also a micro bud say 90 cmts dish pointed at 58w to get NHK World the Japanese ch, for news and documentaries in English.

Happy watchings on G19. :party

Funny thing, but today I was wondering what was your status with your project.
Congrats.
Now that you have G19, I´d recommend you check out Russia Today, Al Etejah, Press TV, CNC World News.
Ebru tv has a news cast covering international news.
KTV2 has some brief newscasts in Engliish, and almost all of their programming is English, (once Ramadan is over it should be back to normal).
Duna World has a news update in English.
Those are the ones at the top of my mind for international news and documentaries in English.
In Spanish there´s an all news ch. Telesur.

Don´t remember if We suggested other birds, I think you mentioned 30w was below your horizon, but if that bird still has Press tv and Al Etejah you already have them.
125w with the PBS channels has good documentaries.
I know you may try also a micro bud say 90 cmts dish pointed at 58w to get NHK World the Japanese ch, for news and documentaries in English.

Happy watchings on G19. :party

FUNNY!!! I took a note pad and went through every channel on G19!!! Over 200 channels later, and a blister on my finger. But I did write down all news channels of interest, including those you just mentioned. I did notice a few in another language that had English news tickers at the bottom of the screen!!!!

I am not sure of 30W...it would require me to put a dish in the front yard, or put one on the front side of my roof visible to everyone! I already have 2 dishes mounted and fixed on the roof, not practical, but I dont plan to move them either. I do not thing I can get 30W from the back yard...The only thing I am interested in is Radio Cuba, or Cuba vision. I listen to Radio Havana Cuba on shortwave and enjoy it. I might look into 125W....If it is Documentaries then I am good, just trying to stay away from stateside news on the FTA dish, or should I say major networks.

My dish farm is soon to expand to ground level. I have a new GeoSat 90CM dish and LNBF that needs a bird to look at!

FUNNY!!! I took a note pad and went through every channel on G19!!! Over 200 channels later, and a blister on my finger. But I did write down all news channels of interest, including those you just mentioned. I did notice a few in another language that had English news tickers at the bottom of the screen!!!!

I am not sure of 30W...it would require me to put a dish in the front yard, or put one on the front side of my roof visible to everyone! I already have 2 dishes mounted and fixed on the roof, not practical, but I dont plan to move them either. I do not thing I can get 30W from the back yard...The only thing I am interested in is Radio Cuba, or Cuba vision. I listen to Radio Havana Cuba on shortwave and enjoy it. I might look into 125W....If it is Documentaries then I am good, just trying to stay away from stateside news on the FTA dish, or should I say major networks.

My dish farm is soon to expand to ground level. I have a new GeoSat 90CM dish and LNBF that needs a bird to look at!

Remember to check out the radio stations also on G19, about a 100 or so, don´t remember how many.

uh..I think I saw like 134...that's nuts!!! LOL No doubt that bird is loaded...now I see what the rave is about that bird! It has something for everyone! We need more birds like that in FTA!

Reactions: DJdish
uh..I think I saw like 134...that's nuts!!! LOL No doubt that bird is loaded...now I see what the rave is about that bird! It has something for everyone! We need more birds like that in FTA!

Agreed, on that bird we had Al Jazeera English until August last year. Sad day when they pulled it out due to launching Al Jazeera America in the US, totally watered down version of AJE.
There was also Jewish News One, that turned into Ukranian news, but it has been in color bars for some time now.

There are more changes in this bird than in other ones.
You may find the Galaxy 19 guide spreadsheet in excel prepared by Northgeorgia quite useful also, it´s on the FTA main section, he prepared a fresh one recently.

DJdish

I was captured by the SES 1 bird with the Pentagon Channel, now DOD news. I noticed some really good military documentaries on that bird. I know it only has 2 channels, but I found it interesting to see the inside news on our troops. My son just joined the Army National Guard, and completes his BCT on August 5th. So, I feel like I gravitate to that information for some strange reason, but I am not sure if that would be a waste of a dish....:usa2

Have you considered making the third dish motorized and on the ground? It opens up everything you get a clear sight on. Just something for thought.

Congratulations on finally getting G-19 nailed down.

For SES1 you might consider a 4 degree lnbf like one in these links. It should allow viewing G19 and SES1 from the same dish.

I think you're ready for C band...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I would like to play with C band!!! I am wanting to move that direction in the near future. I have to master a motorized dish....I have one more fixed dish to setup, then port 4 on my switch will be the challenge of a motorized dish setup. Probably going to need to invest in a 1.2M dish for that. Then I will cross over into C band....I have to complete my mission on KU band first! :enjoying

Glad to hear you got it Ham. I was just wondering yesterday if you ever found G19. :)

Reactions: TheHamNerd
Glad to hear you got it Ham. I was just wondering yesterday if you ever found G19. :)

Djdish said the same thing...LOL I was waiting on my new meter to come in. It is amazing when you have a quality meter to help you out! I am just thrilled I now have 2 fixed dishes setup. I am trying to decide on my next bird to watch, I have a 3rd dish waiting to be planted. It is a good feeling because I was struggling with finding G19! Seems like I found every bird around it, and I was frustrated. I didn't give up! FTA is awesome, and rewarding when it comes together! I appreciate everyone that has helped me out!

Reactions: DJdish
I would plant that thing all right, I would plant it on a motor. :)

Reactions: jmc98
Djdish said the same thing...LOL I was waiting on my new meter to come in. It is amazing when you have a quality meter to help you out! I am just thrilled I now have 2 fixed dishes setup. I am trying to decide on my next bird to watch, I have a 3rd dish waiting to be planted. It is a good feeling because I was struggling with finding G19! Seems like I found every bird around it, and I was frustrated. I didn't give up! FTA is awesome, and rewarding when it comes together! I appreciate everyone that has helped me out!

Now that you´re on G19, I forgot to mention that AssyriaSat has some documentaries in English, and other programming in English, (not all the time though but it´s another option on that bird).:D

Oman TV also has occasional English broadcasts. By the way, sorry to hear your fingers got sore copying down the channels. Look for my "Galaxy 19" guide on the main FTA forum. Not only does it list the channels, but I've tried to provide links to program schedules where available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts