I finally set up my dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

newsjunkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Springfield, IL
After reading on here for months, I ordered a Coolsat 5000. Next, I ordered a 36" dish and QPH-031 lnb from Sadoun. The dish arrived the day before I left for vacation, so all I could do is set it in the garage until i got back. Since then, finding the time to haul everything out and set it up has been difficult. Everything has sat for over a month, staring at me every time I go into the garage. Yesterday, I finally anchored the dish to a wooden pallette, ran the cable out of the house, and started looking for a satellite. I tried G10, and eventually gave up, realizing that my dish will have to be mounted higher before it will clear the fence. I ended up turning further south, and quickly found AMC4. After locking that in, and watching for a while, I was able to find AMC1 pretty easily as well. Without all of the information that I've gathered from reading the posts here, there's no way I could have done it. Thank you for all of the wonderful information offered here.

Now I can say that I'm hooked. I still need to bury a post, run the cables properly, etc, but I'm wanting to get back out there and find more satellites. :clap

Status
Please reply by conversation.