I get new HD, mom down the road does not

If you have 110, 119, and 129 on your Menu, 6, 1, 3, and you are satisfied with all your channels, then yes, re-aim her 61.5 to 129.

I have 110, 119, and 61.5 on the screen and it would be nice to get the new HD channels. I should reaim the 61.5 to the 129 to get the new channels correct and if so what do i lose out on?

How do I know which dish to change?

I'm totally lost, sorry.

The one that you will want to re-point will have (more than likely) only one LNB, it will also be pointed farther to the east than the other two. In fact, it will look as if it is pointing in the opposite direction than the other two because it is. I like to go to this site to find my look angles Satellite look-angle calculator. You will put in your coordinates, and it will give you the look angle for 129 w. Go out to your dish and set the elevation and then take a compass and point it in the general direction of the azimuth heading that the site gives you. You will want to have someone inside looking at the signal meter on the receiver, or take the receiver, and a small TV set outside with you. Hope that helps some.

pfan1981, all the Green Bay Locals for HD are only on 61.5W, so if you re-point the dish for your mom she will loose them unless she has a roof antenna. You might have an 61.5/110/119/129 or the 61.5/72/77 for you. If your mom has the DHPP it will only cost $15.00. But the loss is if you move the dish from 61.5w to 129w is your local channels in HD.

Musher

pfan1981, all the Green Bay Locals for HD are only on 61.5W, so if you re-point the dish for your mom she will loose them unless she has a roof antenna. You might have an 61.5/110/119/129 or the 61.5/72/77 for you. If your mom has the DHPP it will only cost $15.00. But the loss is if you move the dish from 61.5w to 129w is your local channels in HD.

Musher

Uh-oh, that's not good. But I receive the HD locals and also the new channels :confused:

pfan1981 I get the Milwaukee HD locals from 61.5w so I have the 61.5/110/119/129 into a DPP 44 switch. So I had them come out an install a new 1000.2 dish. What you need to do is hit the Menu then 6-1-3 and the screen will tell you what sats you get. Do this test on you system and then on your mom's system and see what sats she gets. Why I got that dish is my coax cables were to short to reach where an Eastern Arc dish had to be placed.
Musher

I had to call to get the other HD channels turned on.

Friend of mine had same issue. He just called dish and they turned on the new channels.

I have AT250 w/GoldHD and I receive 110/119/129 satellites. I had to call Dish to have the additional HD channels enabled. I tried to do it online but for some strange reason, I could not access my HD options under my account. :confused: All other subscription options were available to change but HD. Dish CSR turned them on and channels became available. :clap You would think that these additional HD channels would automatically become available if you already subscribe to the HD package and your Dish has access to the correct satellites. Then again....it's Dish. :rolleyes:

Uh-oh, that's not good. But I receive the HD locals and also the new channels :confused:

The best result is to probably be on DHPP and call dish and have them come out and put a complete Eastern Arc install in if your HD locals are only on 61.5. It would be the easiest. Then you get all the HD that 61.5 no longer provides.

You would think that these additional HD channels would automatically become available if you already subscribe to the HD package and your Dish has access to the correct satellites. Then again....it's Dish. :rolleyes:

That's what I said on the last page. I guess some people don't want to believe it because it hasn't happened to them yet. But SOME customers have NOT been authorized for ALL the new channels EVERY time they've added HD channels lately. I have no idea why it affects only some people, or different people each time, but it's real.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts