I get some HD stations and not others

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyclap

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
WARNING NOOB QUESTION I need some advice on a problem that I have. I get the following HD channels with no problem. ESPN2, HDNET, CDUSA, DISCHD. I have a lot of difficulty getting the following stations to lock in ESPNHD, UHD, TNTHD and HDNETMovies.
Why am I getting some and not all stations?
Do I need to realig/reaim my dish? Signal strength info: 101 is mostly in the mid 90s...I get a n/a on 110 and 119 has 100's and 96's and 97's.

Is there a list somewhere that explains what Sat each HD station is on?

trees are just off to the left of the dish and off to the horizon

the dish has a clear line of site though to the southern sky.

dragon002 said:
dude the 110 is your problem, trees?!
------
dragon is correct...the 110 sat. is giving you trouble...list of what's where is here..
http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/
dbl click on Direct5 to see the list of channels on it. Spring budding could be your
problem or also a LNB failure.....did you try the test channels 490,491,492,493,494
(especially 494 the C sat.)???? if you see nothing at all or "searching for sat. signal" on any of these test channels, then you have a problem.:eureka:

Have you made sure you have a 3 LNB or 5 LNB dish and is your receiver type set to 3 LNB or 5 LNB in the setup screen?

Thanks and another question

Luckily for me my dish is mounted on the side of my deck right outside a window with a 32" TV. I just grabbed a flashlight, a wrench, turned the TV so I could see the signal meter from outside and tweaked the 110 Sat till I got a decent signal. Still not great but all HD channels are now locking in. I have never had great reception on the stations I mentioned earlier (ones on 110...installed in Nov 2005). We had our first conisitent warm weather of the spring this week and I think the wood that the dish is mounted to may have warped slightly since it was first installed in the cold of November.

Question is...in order to get 110 to come in I had to lose some signal strength on the other 2 101 and 119. Is there a sweet spot where all the sats come in strong or is it a constant balancing act btw all three sats?

GeorgeLV said:
Have you made sure you have a 3 LNB or 5 LNB dish and is your receiver type set to 3 LNB or 5 LNB in the setup screen?

Dish is a 3LNB and is set up that way in setup screen

andyclap said:
Question is...in order to get 110 to come in I had to lose some signal strength on the other 2 101 and 119. Is there a sweet spot where all the sats come in strong or is it a constant balancing act btw all three sats?

Where do you live? Try covering the 119 LNB with tinfoil to see if your 110 signal improves. In some places the Echostar signal is so strong that it leaks into the DirecTV 110 combiner.

GeorgeLV said:
Where do you live? Try covering the 119 LNB with tinfoil to see if your 110 signal improves. In some places the Echostar signal is so strong that it leaks into the DirecTV 110 combiner.

BS

andyclap said:
Is there a sweet spot where all the sats come in strong or is it a constant balancing act btw all three sats?

Yes, but they may not all be at or over 95, but there should be a sweet spot of all over 87 which will be good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)