i got 33" dish but can,t get any signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeet

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
hi, i got 33" dish with linear lnb and tried almost every direction and position but can,t get signal more than 7% i,ll post the pics of dish shortly . please help me with giving your suggestions on what could be wrong

jeet said:
hi, i got 33" dish with linear lnb and tried almost every direction and position but can,t get signal more than 7% i,ll post the pics of dish shortly . please help me with giving your suggestions on what could be wrong
Even you post thousand picture and it is still no good.
WE need to know what satellite you wanted to want , and where is your location, what is your receiver brand, etc. then we will give you the general information to point the dish.

jeet said:

1. Location/zip?
2. Receiver make & model?
3. LNB setup?
4. What are you trying to get?
5. Motor or switches in the cable run?

Give us some details. This might get moved to the FTA/MPEG area depending.

moved to FTA area

and I'll copy/paste my favorite pet peeve

With a lot of newbies getting systems and needing help setting up, please help us out when creating posts (this goes for the veterans too)

If you are having trouble with your setup,
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE list your setup (what receiver, LNB, dish size and motor if applicable you are using).

If you are asking “my numbers are 36 elevation, 177 azimuth and -20 skew…is this right?” Please post location (city & state or zip code)

Many posts the first response is “what are you using for equipment” or some posts don’t get answered because it’s too vague. The more info you give, the better we can help out….
We can’t read minds

Thanks for your understanding….

-Berg

If you can only get 7% on "Signal" then it sounds like your receiver isn't even connected to the LNBF.

But we can't tell since you didn't post enough info. Good luck.

I had the SAME problem when I set my system up with an Invacom QPH-031 and Fortec Classic. My fortec had 'UNI' for my LNB setting, and I was hitting every sat but no signal greater than 7%. I talked to Sadoun, and told me that the LNB setting was definitely wrong. So I set the linear to 10750 and the circular to 11250 and BAM! I was getting signals!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)