I got a 3DTV today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We got home from Miami late last night from my week long family cruise... (I need a vacation now from my vacation!)

Before I left the ship though I hit some VERY good luck hitting the jackpot on not one but 2 "Goldfish" slot machines on the ship. So I came back with more money in my pocket then I went with.

When I got home I noticed that during the week we lost power which took down two computers I needed to access while I was away. So in today's Best Buy flier was a good price on UPS backup systems, so I headed to Best Buy to pick up to new UPS units.

So I got there and picked up the UPS's I wanted then walked around the store. I walked past a display of 3D TV sets... They had 4 of them in a row a a Samsung, a Panasonic Plasma, a Sony and another one which I believe was a LG.

What caught my eye was the Panasonic Plasma, the PQ was amazing even with the 3d blur on the screen. The colors were bright and crisp. I asked for a pair of 3D glasses to try it out. I was wowed with what I saw. Then I saw the price, it was on sale for $1999... I almost had enough for it. :)

The clerk had the glasses for the other TV's with him so I tried those as well. The Sony was nice but not as nice as the Panasonic. The Samsung looked good if you were in the center of the screen, but if you were off to the site you lost the 3D effect and in additon the PQ didn't look as good when you were viewing it off center.

The PQ on the 4th TV was horrible...

I called my wife and told her the $2600 3DTV I wanted was on sale for $1999 I said I was considering getting it with my winnings... I also told her that I had a coupon for triple Reward Zone Points... she told me I could get it. :)

Picked it up and an extra pair of glasses and 2 3D movies.

I picked up the model TC-P50VT20

Got it home and got it setup. I love the picture on my 7000 series Samsung LED TV but the PQ on this Panasonic Plasma is AMAZING. You can't imagine how real solid blacks can make in the PQ really POP!

And while the 2D HD looks AMAZING I am disappointed a little...

1) The TV is internet connected and you can watch YOUTUBE... And there are LOTS and LOTS of 3D videos on YOUTUBE. But I can not figure out how to watch these videos on my 3DTV in 3D! (I see the pictures side by side... it will not allow me to put the TV in 3D mode when connected to YOUTUBE.

2) I purchased movies based on the fact the disc said that it plays in 3D on the PS3. My PS3 detects my TV as 3D compatible, but will not let me watch in 3D since I guess the true 3D firmware isn't out yet... My Sony Bluray player is not a 3D player so that will not work either.

So now I have this 3DTV yet can not watch any 3D on it. :(

Lets hope that firmware update for the PS3 comes out soon. (And if anyone knows how I can watch 3D content NOW please let me know. :D

If 3D is as bad as HD on YOUTUBE I wouldn't bother.
Congrats on your new toy though!!

3D

We got home from Miami late last night from my week long family cruise... (I need a vacation now from my vacation!)

Before I left the ship though I hit some VERY good luck hitting the jackpot on not one but 2 "Goldfish" slot machines on the ship. So I came back with more money in my pocket then I went with.

When I got home I noticed that during the week we lost power which took down two computers I needed to access while I was away. So in today's Best Buy flier was a good price on UPS backup systems, so I headed to Best Buy to pick up to new UPS units.

So I got there and picked up the UPS's I wanted then walked around the store. I walked past a display of 3D TV sets... They had 4 of them in a row a a Samsung, a Panasonic Plasma, a Sony and another one which I believe was a LG.

What caught my eye was the Panasonic Plasma, the PQ was amazing even with the 3d blur on the screen. The colors were bright and crisp. I asked for a pair of 3D glasses to try it out. I was wowed with what I saw. Then I saw the price, it was on sale for $1999... I almost had enough for it. :)

The clerk had the glasses for the other TV's with him so I tried those as well. The Sony was nice but not as nice as the Panasonic. The Samsung looked good if you were in the center of the screen, but if you were off to the site you lost the 3D effect and in additon the PQ didn't look as good when you were viewing it off center.

I called my wife and told her the $2600 3DTV I wanted was on sale for $1999 I said I was considering getting it with my winnings... I also told her that I had a coupon for triple Reward Zone Points... she told me I could get it. :)

Got it home and got it setup. I love the picture on my 7000 series Samsung LED TV but the PQ on this Panasonic Plasma is AMAZING. You can't imagine how real solid blacks can make in the PQ really POP!

1) The TV is internet connected and you can watch YOUTUBE... And there are LOTS and LOTS of 3D videos on YOUTUBE. But I can not figure out how to watch these videos on my 3DTV in 3D! (I see the pictures side by side... it will not allow me to put the TV in 3D mode when connected to YOUTUBE.

2) I purchased movies based on the fact the disc said that it plays in 3D on the PS3. My PS3 detects my TV as 3D compatible, but will not let me watch in 3D since I guess the true 3D firmware isn't out yet... My Sony Bluray player is not a 3D player so that will not work either.

Lets hope that firmware update for the PS3 comes out soon. (And if anyone knows how I can watch 3D content NOW please let me know. :D

Sure. Purchase a 3D Blu-ray player.

Same as mine! Get a 3d bluray player (although the only 3d discs are Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Monsters vs Aliens). Great picture in 2d (or 3d mode). I also like the firmware updates coming from the internet instead of having to take it into the "shop" or via a usb key.

I just ordered a Sony BDP-S570 from Amazon and it should be here tomorrow. :)

The guy at the store told me the TV had a mode that converts 2D to 3D but I think he was talking out his ass as I dont see anything like that on my set.

The guy at the store told me the TV had a mode that converts 2D to 3D but I think he was talking out his ass as I dont see anything like that on my set.
Yep, he's wrong. The current Panasonic's don't have a 2d to 3d conversion features.

Don't forget to send in for you free Coraline 3d and Ice Age 3 3D
http://panasonic.com/promos/pdf/COR...cm_sp=promos-_-3D-bluray-_-DownLoadRebateForm

The PS3 will be 3D compatible soon. Someone mentioned next month for the update.

The current models don't have a 2D to 3D conversion mode. You should be able to switch in the setup mode from auto to side by side for youtube. Haven't tried it yet. You didn't get the 300 with the setup? In my BB flier it was the 50" VT20 plus the BDP300 for 1999.

S~

gotta love eva!!

The Sony TVs do 2D/3D switch and versy/vicey not the Blue Rays. The Sony HX909 (only 52" not in BB) is full array LED with local dimming and higher contract than the Panny. But at 3599+emitter and glasses (free on promo often) It's out of your range. Enjoy the Panny!:D

The Sony TVs do 2D/3D switch and versy/vicey not the Blue Rays. The Sony HX909 (only 52" not in BB) is full array LED with local dimming and higher contract than the Panny. But at 3599+emitter and glasses (free on promo often) It's out of your range. Enjoy the Panny!:D

Or try a Samsung Plasma for much less. Its 2d to 3d is quite good. I believe Samsung use DDD software for 2d to 3d.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts