I got a free PS3!!!

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I ordered one of the PS3 "packages" from Walmart. It arrived today in two large boxes. I openned up the boxes and have two PS3s. I checked my Walmart account and my credit card account and was only charged for one. I'm gonna do the right thing and return the mistaken one, but I am waiting on hold for 10 minutes to tell them they made a $650 mistake.(The two boxes contain one PS3 and one controller each)

wanna send me that other controller, lol, and by the way I really respect you for doing the right thing, it takes a very honest/big person to do what you are doing!

walmart makes alot of money and i might be wrong saying this.

you should donate it to a good charity such as a childrens home or someplace that would make sure it goes to a special kid.

I'd be worried, though, that they might realize their mistake and ask for it back. If you give it to charity, you might want to wait until you are sure you are not going to be stuck with a bill.

If you do get a hold of them, ask them if you can donate it to charity. They may let you keep it if you do that and eat the cost.
:)

You are definately doing the right thing letting them know their mistake.

I don't know if they would have realized it. The boxes were marked identically with the same tracking number labeled 1 of 1. They had the exact same shipping list inside, again marked 1 of 1.

I ended up on hold for about 1-1/2 hours total(got cut off three different times after being on hold for twenty minutes). They are setting up a pick up with UPS to come and get it. When I told the lady what happened she had to put me on hold for another 3-4 minutes, I guess to find out what to do. They told me that UPS is so busy that they probably won't pick it up until after Christmas.

Just think about how much you hear how Wal Mart treats employees and all and all of us have spent enough money there, you earned it, keep it, lol, look how Sony treated us not even shipping out 200,000. You are doing the right thing but man you know they wouldn't do the same for us, lol.

ronjohn, its Christmas and you are doing the right thing. If you have kids it will really go along way in showing them how to do right. Merry Christmas and enjoy that PS3.

Props on returning it.

I was at a suntrust bank last week and went to make a deposit in the drive-thru teller. When I pulled the the box someone forget to take their deposit and $800 of cash fell into my lap .

I quickly went inside to give it to the manager to make sure this person gets her money back. I could imagine what this person was going through when she/he couldn't find her money after driving off.

I wonder if one of the employees did that on purpose trying to sneak one home, only to find out a day later that another employee on night shift had sent both of them out?

Good call. I'm sure it will save Sony and Walmart from going out of business. That being said, honesty is the best policy, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I persuaded myself to keep the item or give it to a good friend.

Props on returning it.

I was at a suntrust bank last week and went to make a deposit in the drive-thru teller. When I pulled the the box someone forget to take their deposit and $800 of cash fell into my lap .

I quickly went inside to give it to the manager to make sure this person gets her money back. I could imagine what this person was going through when she/he couldn't find her money after driving off.
Kaydigi, you are a better person for returning the money. And you made someone's Christmas a real lot better. God bless you:)

Here's an idea, go the local mall and pick some little kid not even expecting anything at all and make his day!

I would keep it!!! No....only kidding. I would donate it to charity, but I would give it to a person in need that I chose. I hate to say it but if you give it to an organization it might never make it to a person in need.

ronjohn as tempting as it is, you would be doing the right thing by letting them know and return it to them.

I did call to let them know. Actually UPS came by on Friday and picked up the extra unit, so I don't have it any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)