I got a listen free thing for siriusxm in mail.

whatusernamesareleft

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Wisconsin
Starts aug 30 to sept 12.....Now this is the same "family picked" channels as last time. They will never get me back with those crappy family themes, now its turning into fm radio.

I received the letter as well. I turned on my radio this morning and it is not working! Looks like Sirius screwed up once again.

Just another way for them to get you to turn on your old radios so they can send a kill signal to them since many radios never had their service turned off when customers canceled.

I understand the kill threat for old radios still running. But if it wasn't working recently anyhow and now it does for a few weeks, why not take advantage of it while it lasts? Nothing to lose in that case.

I listened for the last free preview even though I really wasn't interested in subscribing. On many cars it's built in and as easy as pushing the SAT button to see if it works.

I received a similar letter over a year ago. I cancelled my service in 06 cause the car that had the XM tuner was parked with the battery disconnected. I called to cancel my service. The tuner never received the shut off command because the tuner did not have power. In 09, I finished fixing up the car. I turned on the radio tuned to XM and was surprised some of the station still worked. I left it like that over night because in the morning I was going to call to reactive my service. The next morning all stations worked!!! I never called to reactive my service. I haven't called to reactive my service and I am still receiving XM even after I got the free preview notice.

It is this type of reason XM sends out these notices. After the free preview ends, the tuners of the people who don't call to active are supposed to get a deactivation signal and shut off.

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Just another way for them to get you to turn on your old radios so they can send a kill signal to them since many radios never had their service turned off when customers canceled.

Tell me about it.I had gotten an old Stiletto 2 repaired by tss radio.The service had been canceled for over a year.When I got it back it worked for free for atleast six months before they finally shut it down.It was out of service do to a broken antenna which as I said was fixed.

Ron

I got one too....even though the radio is long gone in the garbage (died)....the older unit I have had unsubbed for over 4 years now still runs and I listen to it now and then

but not now....until "then" (after Sept 12th) to not get the kill

I got one too....even though the radio is long gone in the garbage (died)....the older unit I have had unsubbed for over 4 years now still runs and I listen to it now and then

but not now....until "then" (after Sept 12th) to not get the kill

Give a week or two after the 12th. I hooked mine up last time a week later and it died......

Give a week or two after the 12th. I hooked mine up last time a week later and it died......

I'm telling you it's not going to stay alive anymore without a lot of luck in timing. They're keeping the kill signals in permanent rotation because they were made to look so stupid over it (I can't find the article, but it came out sometime in the past year). It may work for a few days, but it'll get you eventually. I tried it with the factory Sirius tuner in my truck (I'm an XM sub). I made sure it activated during the last free play, then I disconnected the antenna. Three weeks ago (over two months after the free play) I hooked it back up and tried it.. It worked for a day and a half then it got whacked.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why they don't promo their Internet radio stuff more. I haven't had my radio for well over 2 years now so all these mailings they send me are worthless to me. A free period for their internet streams might get me back as I listen to shoutcast radio streams all the time on my phone.

I just got the letter for my factory Sirius radio but have never gotten any thing for my 2 XM radios that I removed from my account. Using the free 2 weeks on the Sirius radio until they cut it off again. The letter also included the 5 mo for $25 offer that I have yet to take them up on.

I'm telling you it's not going to stay alive anymore without a lot of luck in timing.

well we're a month after the freeview end and my "cockroach" Sirius radio keeps working
(I call it cockroach because it wont die and its one of the older units...the square no remote one) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)