I got a response from Mark Cuban Re:HDNet...

Orlando Vol

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
To: Matin, Matthew J.
Re: HDTV- Seeing is believing!

No.

We are happy w dish, direct and our current partneers

On Thu, 27 May 2004 3:57pm, Matin, Matthew J. wrote:
> I was watching a recent show detailing your passion for HDTV.
>
> My question:
> Do you foresee HDNet being available on VOOM in the near future?
> It seems that your passion for HD would fit pretty well with VOOM's
> approach to providing HDTV to the masses...
>
> After all, seeing is believing! They are getting HD out there into
> people's homes.
>
> Anyways, just a question... Keep up the good work.
>
>
> ___________________________________
>
> Matthew J. Matin
> Transportation Planner
> HDR ONE COMPANY|Many Solutions
> 315 East Robinson Street, Suite 400
> Orlando, Florida 32801
> Phone (407)-420-4249
> Matthew.Matin@hdrinc.com
--mcuban

He can't spell, and it looks like he really is not even considering it... :no

neo0285 said:
Cuban is gay anyway, who cares about hdnet, give me INHD and he can stick hdnet up his a..!
We have been told not to expect INhd. I dont see myself around a whole lot longer without one of them. Unless Voom creates the same content. They have some of it but not all.

want INHD? INHD is now telling me that they will be on DirecTV by the end of the summer. I can't wait!!!!

If Directv get INHD on its going to b a big plus for them. INHD along with some of the HD local ch's would raise Directv up some in the HD world.

mini1 said:
want INHD? INHD is now telling me that they will be on DirecTV by the end of the summer. I can't wait!!!!
You have done similar posts on couple of threads. Can you share more of your info with this forum? or should we assume that you don't know anymore than we do?

mini1 said:
If that happens it would probably cause a Voom hemorrage. But it doesnt make sense for INhd to go on sat.

I have read that Mark Cuban (owner of HDNet & Dallas Maverics) and Mr. Dolan ([sic] Owner of NY Knicks & Cablevision, Voom) really do not like each other personally.

my contact at INHD who doesn't really want this topic to become to detailed, until DirecTV says something which should be soon, will not tell me anymore than that. That is all I know. INHD 1 AND 2 should be up by the end of summer. now I don't know when they say summer is over, but we will see. I think this is GREAT move for INHD, and I don't see why it doesn't make sense. anyway- look for something from DirecTV on the INHD topic soon.

vurbano said:
We have been told not to expect INhd. I dont see myself around a whole lot longer without one of them. Unless Voom creates the same content. They have some of it but not all.
From what i read in your posts here and over at AVS, you were one of the biggest VOOM supporters out there, but now i see your attitude changing, im not saying its bad or good, its intersting though

mini1 said:
my contact at INHD who doesn't really want this topic to become to detailed, until DirecTV says something which should be soon, will not tell me anymore than that. That is all I know. INHD 1 AND 2 should be up by the end of summer. now I don't know when they say summer is over, but we will see. I think this is GREAT move for INHD, and I don't see why it doesn't make sense. anyway- look for something from DirecTV on the INHD topic soon.

Ok, so it's just a rumour. I bet that V* will get INHD 1st.

Someone correct me if I' wrong. But isn't D* offer right now:

1. $299 for install and HD receiver
2. 12-24 mont committment
3. If you want HD DirecTivo, another $1000

That's a lot of money. Even with both InHD and Hdnet, that is really too exppensive. I don't expect the HD Directivo to be less than $750 by Christmas, either.

I would use D* if they were cheaper and Pegasus wasn't involved.

Mini's posts here are only to slam Voom. He clearly works for Direct TV.

As for little Mark Cuban, his channels suck and so does his team. I'd much rather have inhd on Voom.

neo0285 said:
From what i read in your posts here and over at AVS, you were one of the biggest VOOM supporters out there, but now i see your attitude changing, im not saying its bad or good, its intersting though
MY HDTV service will go to the service that gives me the most content in HD. If D* adds a significant amount of HD channels with great content and I can get actually get it (and thats a biggg if since I am not in an O&O) and I feel it is better than voom will have within say 6 months then I will cancel voom. IF the situation reverses I will cancel D*.

mini1 said:

But it looks like your contact also told you that VOOM would get inHD. Right?

Previously you posted:

"INHD has been hinting to me in recent e-mails I have sent them, that they are currently in talks with both Voom and DirecTV for carrige of their stations. wouldn't be surprised if we see INHD 1 &2 up on Voom in a few weeks."

source: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=110700#post110700

Seawaves said:
Mini's posts here are only to slam Voom. He clearly works for Direct TV.

As for little Mark Cuban, his channels suck and so does his team. I'd much rather have inhd on Voom.
I am aware of mini's antics on AVS. He has the credibility of iraq's old foreign information minister. But....... if hes right, I bet there will be an exodus to D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts