I got a response from Mark Cuban Re:HDNet...

Who says it has to be all VOOM or all DTV? It may be that the best of both services is the answer. That is what I am doing for the present. Have canceled my HD package at DTV since VOOM duplicates all the channels except HDNET and it alone is not worth $10.99/mo. Will probably keep DTV for the time being until I see what NFL Ticket is like this year and because of Tivo. (Actually Tivo is the main reason for now)

you are correct about INHD on Voom. I NEVER said INHD wouldn't be coming to Voom-did I? I was asked about DirecTV after I decided to answer a sort of question on the subject. INHD will not tell me when it should be up on Voom, but they will tell it should be sometime in the near future. and by the way I added in the "wouldn't be surprised..." in the previous quote from seeing what INHD was telling me. And NO I do not work for DirecTV and have never worked for any satellite OR cable company at any point in time. I write from what I read and what I hear-I don't write from rumers.

mini1 said:
I write from what I read and what I hear-I don't write from rumers.
:p THAT is a great quote!! ROFLMAO

Why is everyone hung up on HDNet and InHD... other than HiDef eye candy, they aren't that great (yeah don't bother listing for me the crap they show, thanks). I'd rather Voom spend time and $$$ improving the content of their exclusive channels and they'd have something much better than either of those.

how would anyone else be able to certify that as being a fact or not? you will get all kinds of guesses.

you wouldn't be so upset if I told you INHD was coming to Voom by the end of the summer? would you. if I could-I would, but INHD doesn't even know yet.

Mini,

Let's face you are just Rupert's mole, sent here to make Voom look bad. How about you crawl your little Mole mini butt back into your hole and quit spreading these lies about DTV. They ain't HD like Voom is and they ain't going to be!

My sources say that DirecTV will changing it's name to Rupert's Locals TV!

no, I don't work for DirecTV, newscorp or anything that owns DirecTV in any way shape or form. in fact I have never worked for any satellite or cable company-ever.

I've been saying this over at the DirecTV forum for weeks. where was everyone then to despute my facts, o'h I forgot you never visit that forum because you are mostly all anti-DirecTV and live at this forum.

Actually I am there a lot. Your comments are usually hidden in some D* HD future channel conjecture thread. Where everyone is guessing. That is why I made a thread of your statement over there. To see if it can be verified.

mini1 said:
my contact at INHD who doesn't really want this topic to become to detailed, until DirecTV says something which should be soon, will not tell me anymore than that. That is all I know. INHD 1 AND 2 should be up by the end of summer. now I don't know when they say summer is over, but we will see. I think this is GREAT move for INHD, and I don't see why it doesn't make sense. anyway- look for something from DirecTV on the INHD topic soon.

I would expect Mr Cuban would be unhappy with that partneer then, but probably not unhappy enough to make a deal with Voom. Except for some sports, Voom specific content = InHD x10 both quantitaively & qualitatively. Aside from a few IMAX presentations, I have rarely watched either one except when it becomes a temporary home for NESN HD, which isnt really InHD.Hdnet Movies is more compelling than InHD, but it was still rarely watched for me (actually watched twice - Wild Things & The Wild Bunch, though I would have watched Battle of the Bulge).

"Voom specific content = InHD x10 both quantitaively & qualitatively"

That is both an unfair and yet ridiculously idiotic comparison. And also embarrassing for voom when you have to take into account 21 channels of HD bandwidth to compare to 2 HD channels. The mere fact that one can sit here and compare 21 channels to 2 channels is a glaring problem for vooms content.INhd has more "compelling" types of content than voom.

Do vooms exclusive channels look as good as hdnet or inhd on any platform? NO the only thing I have seen that compares to those 2 channels is CBS HD OTA at fullbandwidth.

does voom have hd boxing on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD MLS soccer on its exclusives? NO, but they have euro soccer.

does voom have any HD college basketball on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD kick boxing on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD concerts. yes probably more, but im not sure because they are the same ones over and over again

are vooms old movies on cinema10 done as well as INhd? I dont think so.

vurbano what can I say? you made a great comparision. I didn't expect you to say anything that puts down Voom-ever. I guess your not Mr.Voom anymore.

vurbano said:
"Voom specific content = InHD x10 both quantitaively & qualitatively"

That is both an unfair and yet ridiculously idiotic comparison. And also embarrassing for voom when you have to take into account 21 channels of HD bandwidth to compare to 2 HD channels. The mere fact that one can sit here and compare 21 channels to 2 channels is a glaring problem for vooms content.INhd has more "compelling" types of content than voom.

Do vooms exclusive channels look as good as hdnet or inhd on any platform? NO the only thing I have seen that compares to those 2 channels is CBS HD OTA at fullbandwidth.

does voom have hd boxing on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD MLS soccer on its exclusives? NO, but they have euro soccer.

does voom have any HD college basketball on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD kick boxing on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD concerts. yes probably more, but im not sure because they are the same ones over and over again

are vooms old movies on cinema10 done as well as INhd? I dont think so.
BUT!!

Voom has no money down and no stupid contract to sign. :yes

I always wanted to get away from my rip off cable but never had the nerve to sign 2-4 years of my life away. They claim to offer more HD content and that's what got me interested at first and the offer with no money down and no contract sealed the deal.

We can argue over this or that but I'm sure there are many more like me who joined because of the offer and promise of HD channels. With more subscribers they should get more channels and thus more subscribers and so on, right?

Eh, it's silly to argue over something that's not confirmed yet anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)