I got a response from Mark Cuban Re:HDNet...

mini1 said:
vurbano what can I say? you made a great comparision. I didn't expect you to say anything that puts down Voom-ever. I guess your not Mr.Voom anymore.
I merely tell the truth as I see it. I am not here to flame like you. Constructive criticism will help voom. go back and spread your rumors about your mystery contacts over at AVS

Just some corrections.

If you take (3), then (1) is not really necessary. I took (3) and for me (2) was for 12 month, not 24. Also I've received $250 credit on (3), which may not be true for others.

Pegasus is gone. DirecTV dropped the contract with Pegasus today.

Hong.

cyuhnke said:
Someone correct me if I' wrong. But isn't D* offer right now:

1. $299 for install and HD receiver
2. 12-24 mont committment
3. If you want HD DirecTivo, another $1000

That's a lot of money. Even with both InHD and Hdnet, that is really too exppensive. I don't expect the HD Directivo to be less than $750 by Christmas, either.

I would use D* if they were cheaper and Pegasus wasn't involved.

vurbano said:
"Voom specific content = InHD x10 both quantitaively & qualitatively"

That is both an unfair and yet ridiculously idiotic comparison. And also embarrassing for voom when you have to take into account 21 channels of HD bandwidth to compare to 2 HD channels. The mere fact that one can sit here and compare 21 channels to 2 channels is a glaring problem for vooms content.INhd has more "compelling" types of content than voom.

Do vooms exclusive channels look as good as hdnet or inhd on any platform? NO the only thing I have seen that compares to those 2 channels is CBS HD OTA at fullbandwidth.

does voom have hd boxing on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD MLS soccer on its exclusives? NO, but they have euro soccer.

does voom have any HD college basketball on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD kick boxing on its exclusives? NO

does voom have HD concerts. yes probably more, but im not sure because they are the same ones over and over again

are vooms old movies on cinema10 done as well as INhd? I dont think so.

vurbano,

I always root for you on AVS against the DirecTV and Dish fanboys, but I am taken aback when my contentions are called idiotic. You basically said if we don't get InHD then you are going elsewhere, just like an apt poster in a different thread talked about I'm leaving Voom if we don't get ESPN, TNT-HD, and now this.

First comparing 21 to 2 channels being quantitively x10 because it is. Comparing dropping qualitatively the 21 channels to get 2 is subjective. My thoughts were based on actually having InHD and being completely underwhelmed, understanding that your mileage may vary.

I have to admit no interest in HD kickboxing, but I would say Voom has quantitavely more HD hours of sports. The movies are fewer & as oftenly repeated, and having the ability to tape them I can say I have never taped one.

So my contention remains, quantitatively and as to the rest, subjectively, InHD is a snoozer. That said, theme channels that only reason to exist is to provide HD content are temporary business models as HD becomes more pervasive (and I assume Cuban understands that, despite not showing TV shows in OAR). Monsters is good because of themed content, not because it's an HDxxx channel.

So "idiotic" is beneath you, but healthy debate is good. I guess I'll have to be immersed in SD kickboxing to see if I need a fix in HD kickboxing :) I'm sure it's not idiotic, even in my jaded subjective opinion.

hongcho said:
Just some corrections.

If you take (3), then (1) is not really necessary. I took (3) and for me (2) was for 12 month, not 24. Also I've received $250 credit on (3), which may not be true for others.

Pegasus is gone. DirecTV dropped the contract with Pegasus today.

Hong.

I didn't know about credit on HD DirecTivo. Pegasus deal doesn't expire until 8/31. Pegasus doesn't carry HD equipment. You have to go to BB or CC, sign up and pay for equipment, then call someone for install, then call Pegasus to activate.

HDNET and inhd are yawn...something I hope Voom never wastes bandwith on...

I'll take HBO HD (West!) ESPNHD, TNTHD, Discovery HD and the Cinema Ten over anything Rupert and Charlie want to shove down subs throats.

Long live- VOOM!

rudolpht said:
vurbano,

I always root for you on AVS against the DirecTV and Dish fanboys, but I am taken aback when my contentions are called idiotic. You basically said if we don't get InHD then you are going elsewhere, just like an apt poster in a different thread talked about I'm leaving Voom if we don't get ESPN, TNT-HD, and now this.

First comparing 21 to 2 channels being quantitively x10 because it is. Comparing dropping qualitatively the 21 channels to get 2 is subjective. My thoughts were based on actually having InHD and being completely underwhelmed, understanding that your mileage may vary.

I have to admit no interest in HD kickboxing, but I would say Voom has quantitavely more HD hours of sports. The movies are fewer & as oftenly repeated, and having the ability to tape them I can say I have never taped one.

So my contention remains, quantitatively and as to the rest, subjectively, InHD is a snoozer. That said, theme channels that only reason to exist is to provide HD content are temporary business models as HD becomes more pervasive (and I assume Cuban understands that, despite not showing TV shows in OAR). Monsters is good because of themed content, not because it's an HDxxx channel.

So "idiotic" is beneath you, but healthy debate is good. I guess I'll have to be immersed in SD kickboxing to see if I need a fix in HD kickboxing :) I'm sure it's not idiotic, even in my jaded subjective opinion.
I would gladly sacrifice the "current" content of :

RAVE (how many times can we watch the same concerts over and over),

RUSH ( 2003 gravity games, moto pig? wake me up when the kiddy shows are over),

ULTRA ( i guess liz taylor watches this?), MOOV(thats just a bizzare business move),

3 cinema channels(which could easily be combined with the others), and

worldsport (how many times can you watch the japanese world series? or reruns of euro soccer games?)

in exchange for the content of INHD1 and 2 or HDnet and hdnetmovies. these channels bring content that for some reason VOOm just refuses to air or cannot buy.

You have no justification to criticize hdnet or INhd these networks are wanted by both sat companies and cable companies!

ANybody beating down Dolans door to carry any one of the voom exclusives? NOPE.

ANy one of them now, comeon tell me?...NOPE.

Anyone beating down Dolans door to carry all of them as a package? NOPE.

Again, to compare INHD1 and 2 to 21 channels is not a fair comparison. certainly 21 channels can carry as much content as 2 channels. But sadly the exclusives have failed to carry the most desirable content that hdnet and inhd have. But the funny thing is it is plausible to consider giving up 6 or 7 channels for them.

I would gladly challenge anyone to watch Rush and Rave for a month straight while I watch INhd for a month. they will be ready for a straight jacket after all the repeats and Ho hum bicycle tricks. IMO vacation activities(parasailing etc) and exercise activities (mountain biking) are not sports.

AS for leaving voom, thats an evaluation I will make at the end of the year. If D* adds everything that voom has less the exclusives and if D* gets INHD after already having hdnet? yeah im probably gone.

vurbano said:
You have no justification to criticize hdnet or INhd these networks are wanted by both sat companies and cable companies!

ANybody beating down Dolans door to carry any one of the voom exclusives? NOPE.

Actually Ergen has talked about potetial to get the exclusives.

As far as not having justification, I don't need justification to criticize lackluster content. I had it (HDnets) & have it (InHD) and I have a right to a subjective opinion, or is that idiotic too? :shocked

And I'm not a Voom fanboy and don't give a damn if you leave over these, more "idiotic" reasons (e.g., I can't live w/o Food channel). Hell if DirecTV had all thye premium channels as Voom & Voom doesn't get on the ball with a DVR I would probably be there now, which is why I leave all the sat dishes for all the vendors on my house.

Ergen has no bandwidth, and often says he will only add compelling content. SHow me proof that Dish wants the voom exclusives. IMO ergen wants rainbow1 sat at a firesale price after Dolan mismanages what could be a great idea.

rudolpht said:
As far as not having justification, I don't need justification to criticize lackluster content. I had it (HDnets) & have it (InHD) and I have a right to a subjective opinion, or is that idiotic too? :shocked
No, you have a right too it no matter what it is. And someone else has the right to consider that opinion idiotic. Yes to say that INhd1,2 and the hdnets content is NOT more compelling than the voom exclusives is ridiculous and frankly laughable. NHL, MLS, MLB. college basketball, HD boxing, Kick boxing. Does voom have more content... I think so, with 21 exclusives running reruns they still may have more. Is it more desireable content? NO way. Will voom survive without it? In the end I dont think so. Will D* catch up this year? maybe not. But if they do, I think its over before voom even spins off, (they havent raised the cash for that yet?) At least voom was put on notice by someone. Tell me how much sense does an HD DVR make if your going to have 21 channels of repeats?

I would suggest getting your head out of the sand and while your at it, Yank Dolans out too.

Seawaves said:
HDNET and inhd are yawn...something I hope Voom never wastes bandwith on...

I'll take HBO HD (West!) ESPNHD, TNTHD, Discovery HD and the Cinema Ten over anything Rupert and Charlie want to shove down subs throats.

Long live- VOOM!
I can tell this is coming from someone who has never had INHD 1 & 2 on your TV at your house. otherwise you wouldn't be saying that. INHD 1 & 2 are two of the best HD channels broadcast and shouldn't even be compared to HDNET, becuase they are complely different channels.

vurbano said:
No, you have a right too it no matter what it is. And someone else has the right to consider that opinion idiotic. Yes to say that INhd1,2 and the hdnets content is NOT more compelling than the voom exclusives is ridiculous and frankly laughable....

vurbano,
just a friendly advice: you are weakening your arguments by calling opinions different from your own "idiotic, ridiculous and laughable."

vurbano said:
Ergen has no bandwidth, and often says he will only add compelling content. SHow me proof that Dish wants the voom exclusives. IMO ergen wants rainbow1 sat at a firesale price after Dolan mismanages what could be a great idea.

Well he did say it in a fireside Charlie Chat, it was actually the one that followed the "no compelling HD" chat which rose significant speculation of a potential Voom buy-out (unfounded of course, but side benefit would be getting bandwidth in the bargain).

I guess you have had a few bad days/weeks to lack even a modicum of tact in healthy debate. What I find frankly laughable would be to buy a DVR to record the exclusives. Personally, (but I guess only your subjective opinion counts), I would be recording premium content like I do on HD cable (and incidentally don't find any on InHDs worth recording - except that one IMAX movie I never found the time to watch). Then again I never bought Voom for the exclusives, despite enjoying some great classics (Seven Days in May, The Great Race, some Monsters schlock, but fun schlock). I bought it to get every other premium network with the added avdantage of the 3 hour replay important until the DVRs come out. I would say we could agree to disagree, but I bet you would be disagreeable to that. :(

Now when was that kickboxing on InHD & Hogan's Heroes baddly cropped on HDnet? :rolleyes:

mini1 said:
I can tell this is coming from someone who has never had INHD 1 & 2 on your TV at your house. otherwise you wouldn't be saying that. INHD 1 & 2 are two of the best HD channels broadcast and shouldn't even be compared to HDNET, becuase they are complely different channels.

Wrong, i had them on cable...They are compared when people here keep asking for them.

When Mini cashes his paycheck every week, it's signed- Love, Rupert!

then you have never actully spend time seeing what great programming they offer. I bet when when seawaves cashes his paycheck every week it is signed -"to my head promo person, Charles Dolan" or even better "Charlie Ergen".

andrzej said:
vurbano,
just a friendly advice: you are weakening your arguments by calling opinions different from your own "idiotic, ridiculous and laughable."
Yes to say that INhd1,2 and the hdnets content is NOT more compelling than the voom exclusives is ridiculous and frankly laughable

vurbano said:
Yes to say that INhd1,2 and the hdnets content is NOT more compelling than the voom exclusives is ridiculous and frankly laughable

At least you are consistent (redundant) in an understatedly unjustifiable & idiotic manner, subjectively (and for comedic effect) of course
:yes And don't call me Frank[ly]

I think the compelling content on InHD today was A Dog's Day In Manhattan and HDnet is repeats of cancelled series with too short a run to go into syndication. I need a DVR for that! Sometimes you get what you ask for, then the disappointment sets in. Minime, I assume you have Voom to do a useful comparison and aren't just troling, right?

mini1 said:
then you have never actully spend time seeing what great programming they offer. I bet when when seawaves cashes his paycheck every week it is signed -"to my head promo person, Charles Dolan" or even better "Charlie Ergen".

I just wish you'd add a signature that says " I sub to DirecTV and i'm a professional Voom slammer"

Mini: I will take back everything I've said- If you spend the next week in the Voom forums here talking about all the great things about Voom. But I've had all three SAT companies and I can compare them. Do you have Voom? I'm sure the asnwer is no.

Do I only have Voom now? Yes, I do and yes, you are right when you say they are NOT perfect. For the record, I did agree that Dolan is a spoiled baby in another post, so I doubt I'll be getting any money from him.

But, I have now gotten seven friends to sign up, so I'm making Voom money.

rudolpht said:
I think the compelling content on InHD today was A Dog's Day In Manhattan and HDnet is repeats of cancelled series with too short a run to go into syndication.
I think the content on INhd today is:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=606 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#4974af>
7:00AM
ET
movies20box.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#6489bb>
Bye Bye Birdie
TV-PG
Runtime: 1:31

</TD><!-- figure 48 blocks per day, so unlikely there will be more than 45 programs if the time period does expand, may need to increase here and one other place on the page--><TD width=5 rowSpan=45>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#4974af>
7:00AM
ET
world20box.gif

Daring Divine Peaks
TV-PG
Runtime: 0:50

</TD><TD width=5 rowSpan=45>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#6489bb>
9:15AM
ET
movies20box.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#83a1c9>
Love Potion #9
PG-13
Runtime: 1:32

8:00AM
ET
sports20box.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#83a1c9></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#4974af>
11:00AM
ET
world20box.gif

Discoveries...America: Texas
TV-PG

8:30AM
ET
world20box.gif

Route 66 #10
TV-G
Runtime: 0:25

12:00PM
ET
events20box.gif

The Cure: Live In Berlin
TV-PG
Runtime: 0:59

9:00AM
ET
sports20box.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#83a1c9></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#4974af>
1:00PM
ET
world20box.gif

Discoveries...America: Arizona
TV-PG
Runtime: 0:58

12:30PM
ET
sports20box.gif

Royal Links #3
TV-G

2:00PM
ET
world20box.gif

Daring Divine Peaks
TV-PG

1:00PM
ET
movies20box.gif

The Candidate
PG
Runtime: 1:49

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#4974af>
3:00PM
ET
family20box.gif

In Theaters
TV-G
Runtime: 0:28

3:00PM
ET
sports20box.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#6489bb></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#6489bb>
3:30PM
ET
world20box.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#83a1c9></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#6489bb>
3:30PM
ET
world20box.gif

Ultimate G's (IMAX)
TV-G
Runtime: 0:37

4:00PM
ET
family20box.gif

Brain Game #32
TV-G
Runtime: 0:24

4:15PM
ET
world20box.gif

Discoveries...America: Pennsylvania
TV-PG

4:30PM
ET
world20box.gif

Route 66 #10
TV-G

5:15PM
ET
movies20box.gif

Bye Bye Birdie
TV-PG
Runtime: 1:31

5:00PM
ET
world20box.gif

TV-PG

7:30PM
ET
family20box.gif

Twilight Zone # 5: Dream Lover
TV-PG

6:00PM
ET
events20box.gif

TV-PG

8:00PM
ET
movies20box.gif

Love Potion #9
PG-13

7:00PM
ET
family20box.gif

In Theaters
TV-G

10:00PM
ET
sports20box.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#6489bb></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#6489bb>
7:30PM
ET
sports20box.gif

10:30PM
ET
sports20box.gif

Royal Links #3
TV-G

8:00PM
ET
world20box.gif

Daring Divine Peaks
TV-PG

11:00PM
ET
family20box.gif

Twilight Zone # 5: Dream Lover
TV-PG

9:00PM
ET
world20box.gif

TV-PG

11:30PM
ET
movies20box.gif

Hit And Run
R
Runtime: 1:27

10:00PM
ET
sports20box.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#6489bb></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#4974af>
1:00AM
ET
world20box.gif

Route 66 #10
TV-G

1:30AM
ET
family20box.gif

In Theaters
TV-G

1:30AM
ET
movies20box.gif

Love Potion #9
PG-13

2:00AM
ET
events20box.gif

TV-PG

3:15AM
ET
world20box.gif

Ultimate G's (IMAX)
TV-G
Runtime: 0:37

3:00AM
ET
world20box.gif

TV-PG

4:00AM
ET
movies20box.gif

Hit And Run
R
Runtime: 1:27

4:00AM
ET
world20box.gif

Kamui Of The Okhotsk
TV-PG

5:30AM
ET
family20box.gif

Order In
TV-G
Runtime: 0:30

4:30AM
ET
sports20box.gif

6:00AM
ET
world20box.gif

TV-PG

5:00AM
ET
world20box.gif

Daring Divine Peaks
TV-PG

6:00AM
ET
world20box.gif

Discoveries...America: Arizona
TV-PG
Runtime: 0:58

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

some movies, one college baseball game, one MLB game, some training camp documentaries, an Imax film, a few different adventure documentaries. ALL IN 1080i HD. I think it beats the ever living crap out of most of the Voom exclusives

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)