I got 'bundled'. Might go back to DISH

There is an iPad transfer feature that allows her to download programs from the DVR onto the iPad. Most stuff is copied, but the more heavily protected stuff (such as HBO, I believe) is moved. But then you watch it on the iPad, not something connected to the iPad.

There's also Dish Anywhere. GREAT feature. If you've got good Internet connectivity you can connect to your Hopper and watch live or DVR'd stuff. But not, currently, stuff on the EHD. And this can be done from laptops and computers, too. I suspect only one stream per Hopper is allowed at a time.

No extra monthly fees.

How many TVs ever? Just one? It is possible, thru a bit of a hassle, to get a single Hopper installation. You might want to consider a 1H/1J setup, just for the possibilities.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
We have another HDTV that my sons use for gaming. How much extra per month to add a 2nd TV (1H/1J) ?

$7 for the Joey.

Dish Anywhere works with iPads and iPhones too. Just wanted to be clear on that.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Do I qualify for the ClubDish referral?

Today I have officially completed my one year SureWest cable contract and am free to switch TV providers.

Question: My Dad is a current Dish customer and wants to 'refer' me and get the credit. Am I eligible? I have been away from Dish for about 2 years and 3 months and have moved since then.

If I do not qualify, would my wife? She was not listed on the previous bill.

Today I have officially completed my one year SureWest cable contract and am free to switch TV providers.

Question: My Dad is a current Dish customer and wants to 'refer' me and get the credit. Am I eligible? I have been away from Dish for about 2 years and 3 months and have moved since then.

If I do not qualify, would my wife? She was not listed on the previous bill.

You only need to be away from Dish for 90 days so like Lucky said, as long as your account was in good standing you should qualify for all the new customer promotions and be able to use the referral.

Can I get a Hopper with only one TV?

Thanks guys for the info on the referral deal.

Now my next question: Will I be able to get a Hopper DVR if I only have one TV to hook up?

I just started a new cell phone service, but I didn't want to lose my grandfathered plan with my old service while I checked out the new service. I bought 2 new phones, but only activated one with a new phone number. After a month or two, if all goes well, then I will drop the current new line and port both of our numbers over to the new service. It's usually a smart thing to do to not cut ties with any provider until you try out the new one.

Very happy with newly installed Hopper w/Sling

Last week I had DISH install my new Hopper w/Sling and I am very impressed with the improvements since I last had DISH 2 1/2 years ago.

My wife and I were very pleased to discover that she can watch live TV on her iPad 2. I thought it would only be capable of viewing pre-recorded shows (I did not research it ahead of time).

I'm sure many of you here have seen the improvements gradually over the past 2 1/2 years. But for me, seeing all the improvements at once has been stunning. Very nice job, Dish!

I do have one problem though, I'm watching too much TV now, especially with all the premium channels and on-demand content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)