I got equipment, now need aiming help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Am I ready for the motor?

I have a SG2100 motor, and I have not used it yet. I currently have my satellite fixed on IA5, I've also received G3 and AMC5.

So, am I ready to setup my motor?

Several here have asked about my view of the sky, and here it is:

(Note: yes its dirty :) and yes the lawn needs mowing :) and yes I have a bunch of darn trees :) )

Oh, and also this is just all temporary, until I get it right I'm not going to mount the wires up against the house and clean up...Oh, and that old DirecTV 18" dish is not in use right now. Maybe I'll use that one day for something on FTA.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 149
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!

Please remove the GIANT pictures and replace them with thumbnails for our members with dial up, THANKS!

Yes those trees are going to be a problem until you get your dish on the roof. Where it is right now you will only get satellites at the top of your arc, being in GA. the satellites are pretty high in elevation but your best shot of the Clarke Belt would be from the roof!

Also your 18" dish seems to be partially blocked from above, sometimes this causes more trouble than whats in front of the dish!

As you say its not in use and even if it were DBS signals are VERY strong especially in GA. I noticed when I was there!

Thanks for attaching the pictures Iceberg!

I don't have any problem mounting it on the roof with the motor, just that I have to get up there :) Now that is a problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Motor through a DiSEqC switch

Quick Question SG2100 and Switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)