I got L634 on one of my 622's last night.

Also got L634. Turning captions on (now 8-6-1 instead of 8-7-1) no longer turns the captions on. C'mon Dish, I need captions, otherwise I miss about 10% of dialogue on programs with background sounds, laugh tracks, etc. I hear programs like news and Jeopardy fine.

I have L.634 and I have captions; they were turned on before I got L.634. Does this mean that if I turn them off, I won't be able to turn them back on again? Somebody else can try this, maybe; I'm not going to touch 861 for now.

I have L.634 and I have captions; they were turned on before I got L.634. Does this mean that if I turn them off, I won't be able to turn them back on again? Somebody else can try this, maybe; I'm not going to touch 861 for now.
For some reason, it starts up as CC3 instead of CC1. When I changed menu->8->6->5 to "1", it worked.

Just now I pressed the DVR button and selected My Media to 'send' some programs from my DVR to my EHD. Instead of the Multimedia menu, I got this message:

This feature is only available if your receiver is connected to your broadband Internet connection.

Fortunately I can still 'send' programs to the EHD by clicking on Menu and selecting Multimedia.

I am wondering why they did this. Is there some exciting new feature that would be available if I ran an Ethernet cable from my DSL router to my 622 Ethernet port and selected My Media? If so, why didn't they just create a new menu option (call it 'Their Media, maybe, to distinguish it from My Media)?

Just now I pressed the DVR button and selected My Media to 'send' some programs from my DVR to my EHD. Instead of the Multimedia menu, I got this message:

This feature is only available if your receiver is connected to your broadband Internet connection.

Fortunately I can still 'send' programs to the EHD by clicking on Menu and selecting Multimedia.

I am wondering why they did this. Is there some exciting new feature that would be available if I ran an Ethernet cable from my DSL router to my 622 Ethernet port and selected My Media? If so, why didn't they just create a new menu option (call it 'Their Media, maybe, to distinguish it from My Media)?

It says right there in the dialog box - you only copied the first sentence.

It says right there in the dialog box - you only copied the first sentence.

Ah, I see:

With an Internet connection, you have access to 1000s of on-demand movies and TV shows including additional content that is included as part of your subscription.

I didn't know the 622 had that capability. That is exciting.

That's weird... What does the whole dialogue box say?

Fortunately I have my 722ks connected to broadband, but I am wondering what this update needs the broadband for?

Why would "My Media" use VoD?

That's weird... What does the whole dialogue box say?

Fortunately I have my 722ks connected to broadband, but I am wondering what this update needs the broadband for?

Why would "My Media" use VoD?

That is the whole dialogue box. The next line says

For information on connecting your receiver visit

And that's all, she wrote.

After captions not working with L634, I did an online chat with Dish Tech; he got captions working again but didn't say what he did.

After captions not working with L634, I did an online chat with Dish Tech; he got captions working again but didn't say what he did.
I gave the fix earlier in the thread.

Change CC3 to CC1.

In other words, change menu->8->6->5 to "1"

(For some reason, the default is 3 which is wrong, probably a typo.)

Where is the "HDMI Auto-Detect" feature? When I press Menu-->6-->8, I get the same thing I've always gotten. I do not see an auto-detect option. Under diagnostics, I can run an HDMI test, but that's been there for a long time.

Where is the "HDMI Auto-Detect" feature? When I press Menu-->6-->8, I get the same thing I've always gotten. I do not see an auto-detect option. Under diagnostics, I can run an HDMI test, but that's been there for a long time.
The HDMI Auto Detect is what the receiver will do when connected via an HDMI. It will set the receiver to the maximum resolution allowed by the TV automatically. You can still change it manually using "Menu" 6-8 HD TV Set-up, and change the resolution for 1080, or 720. Nothing in the menu's changed with this but it removed a set for CSR's when activating receivers.

So far, I'm liking L634. The pause bar to upper-right icon is nice (with or without timer count). Guide settings are nice, and more VOD via broadband. HD/SD preference in the timer setting is okay, but I'll never change it to SD...I would do that, why?

Thus far, I haven't found any nasty issues... Good job, Dish!

Yeah, same here, mine is broke too. My 622 that is not connected to the internet, I can"t access MY MEDIA after pushing the DVR button once when I want to send something from the DVR to the EHD. Says I need to connect the receiver to the internet to access this feature. What the heck is up with this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts