I guess no one watches the NBA anymore?

I do. Its just business as usual for us Piston fans. We expect at least 50 wins and to be in th playoffs. So we just wait until the regular season starts.

I do. Its just business as usual for us Piston fans. We expect at least 50 wins and to be in th playoffs. So we just wait until the regular season starts.

I just wait for the "real season" (playoffs) for the Pistons and the Wings. I' ll probably watch some regular season games to see how the new rotation is working out. My wife is an even bigger Red Wing fan than I am, so the Red Wings have the upper hand in my house. I personally prefer watching NCAA basketball to the NBA. The tournament is a highlight of my sporting year. Sure wish football had one.

GO PISTONS!!

I was waiting until the season started just like I did with all the others.

What NBA? All we have here is Minor League baseball, basketball, and hockey. The grizzlies wonder why they can't sell tickets and yet there staff were being nazi's at the line for Rudy Gay's autograph signing. As crappy as the grizz are, you would think they would be buttering the fans up.

I just wait for the "real season" (playoffs) for the Pistons and the Wings. I' ll probably watch some regular season games to see how the new rotation is working out. My wife is an even bigger Red Wing fan than I am, so the Red Wings have the upper hand in my house. I personally prefer watching NCAA basketball to the NBA. The tournament is a highlight of my sporting year. Sure wish football had one.

GO PISTONS!!

I prefer NCAA basketball over the NBA as well. There is more passion and innovation of plays at that level. The NBA goes in different waves every 5-7 years of offensive plays. Right now we are in the "run a guy with out the ball off several screens" years. We just came off "the big man" years, where everyone was dumping it down to a big guy in the post and he would have an option to shoot or pass if threatened with a double team. Before that was the "run and gun years", where everyone was into fast breaks as a first option.

I also hate that at the NBA level there is very few teams that are a complete team. The objective for these GM's seems to be to get a Kobe or Lebron where they provide half of your offense and get sub-par players to fill the rest of your roster. This is why I am glad Joe Dumars has kept the Pistons on track with being a complete team. Anyone on their roster can be the leading scorer on any given night.

I prefer NCAA basketball over the NBA as well. There is more passion and innovation of plays at that level. The NBA goes in different waves every 5-7 years of offensive plays. Right now we are in the "run a guy with out the ball off several screens" years. We just came off "the big man" years, where everyone was dumping it down to a big guy in the post and he would have an option to shoot or pass if threatened with a double team. Before that was the "run and gun years", where everyone was into fast breaks as a first option.

I also hate that at the NBA level there is very few teams that are a complete team. The objective for these GM's seems to be to get a Kobe or Lebron where they provide half of your offense and get sub-par players to fill the rest of your roster. This is why I am glad Joe Dumars has kept the Pistons on track with being a complete team. Anyone on their roster can be the leading scorer on any given night.

This is why we have been in 5 consecutive conference finals, and could be back again this season.

[/B]
This is why we have been in 5 consecutive conference finals, and could be back again this season.

Yep. The biggest thing on that Detroit Roster that all the players share... they are not selfish.

I heard Dumars actually say that when he looks at a free agent or incoming rookies he looks at their personality before their skills. He wants to make sure they are not selfish, will fit in with the rest of the guys, and work hard. Then he evaluates their actual skills. Because you can teach any skill to a guy who is a hard worker and unselfish on a team. You cannot teach or improve a skill if you do not work hard, or take over half of your teams shots to 80 points in a game like Bryant.

Yep. The biggest thing on that Detroit Roster that all the players share... they are not selfish.

I heard Dumars actually say that when he looks at a free agent or incoming rookies he looks at their personality before their skills. He wants to make sure they are not selfish, will fit in with the rest of the guys, and work hard. Then he evaluates their actual skills. Because you can teach any skill to a guy who is a hard worker and unselfish on a team. You cannot teach or improve a skill if you do not work hard, or take over half of your teams shots to 80 points in a game like Bryant.

Amen brother. Basketball as it was meant to be played.

I created a whole new thread, so we don't have some of this conversation in there.

I prefer NCAA basketball over the NBA as well. There is more passion and innovation of plays at that level. .......
I agree....also
too much bling bling, fouls are ridiculous, everyone travels, everyone palms the ball, and fundamentals are a four letter word. It is no wonder the Europeans kick our ass each year. Wonder why Utah is always good? Teams are a thing of the past....now it is all BS "me me me"

I agree....also
too much bling bling, fouls are ridiculous, everyone travels, everyone palms the ball, and fundamentals are a four letter word. It is no wonder the Europeans kick our ass each year. Wonder why Utah is always good? Teams are a thing of the past....now it is all BS "me me me"

LMAO....."UTAH IS ALWAYS GOOD"?? When was the last time THEY were in the Finals with consistancy? And "the Europeans kick our ass" because the US has not sent THE BEST TEAM possible other than the ORIGINAL Dream Team....:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts