I guess no one watches the NBA anymore?

Salsa.....nit pick if you want and do your usual word twist.
The reasons I mentioned are all legit reason the general public at large does not watch the NBA....It is also marketed to anyone but the white male.

When they decide to ref the game correctly, quite pricing tickets in the stratosphere, and market it to EVERYONE their ratings will go back up. People love basketball but the NBA quite giving us basketball when the old guard of Bird, Jordan, and Magic left.

When Larry, Magic and Michael left, I left also. They played when team was a big part of basketball Team. I do watch the Spurs some. They played and used the basic fundamentals to the fullist. This is why our U.S. pros find it hard to dominate on a international level. Cannot shoot the three and cannot defend against it. Way too much razel dazel.

Salsa.....nit pick if you want and do your usual word twist.
The reasons I mentioned are all legit reason the general public at large does not watch the NBA....It is also marketed to anyone but the white male.

When they decide to ref the game correctly, quite pricing tickets in the stratosphere, and market it to EVERYONE their ratings will go back up. People love basketball but the NBA quite giving us basketball when the old guard of Bird, Jordan, and Magic left.

LMAO...NIT PICK??!! The public at large does not watch because we have NO legit "marketing stars" in the major markets. Michael...Chicago, Magic...LA and Bird....Boston. Who are the names now? Lebron....Cleveland, Carmelo...Denver and Wade Miami. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! NONE of those guys have a lick of personality that Bird has and Bird had THE LEAST BIT of personality of the big three!!! And PLEASE stop whinning about it not being marketed to the white man....do you see hockey being marketed to the latino or the black man?? Whether you like it or not....hip hop/r&b is what is in now....AND about 80% of the NBA is black...hell, even most of the "white players" are now either European or Latino. Oh...and about pricing...PLEASE...that is marketed toward "white corporate America"....so that kills THAT theory of yours. Now don't get me wrong, I like the college game too...in many cases more because you will ALWAYS have rivalries....you really and truly have not had that in the NBA SINCE Michael Jordan left THE BULLS. You had Bulls/Knicks, Bulls/Pistons, Lakers/Pistons, Lakers/Celtics and even Celtics/76ers. Those rivalries MADE you watch EVEN if they weren't your teams. What do you have now? Can you name ANY legit rivalries? In college...the rivalries are endless, go to EVERY SINGLE conference and you have AT LEAST 2 or three big rivalries where you stop and think, "hmmm....I might wanna catch that game...."

When Larry, Magic and Michael left, I left also. They played when team was a big part of basketball Team. I do watch the Spurs some. They played and used the basic fundamentals to the fullist. This is why our U.S. pros find it hard to dominate on a international level. Cannot shoot the three and cannot defend against it. Way too much razel dazel.

Another one....when has the USA sent their VERY BEST team OTHER than the ORIGINAL Dream Team? EVERY SINGLE country BUT OURS send their best. Has NOTHING to do with fundamentals. Also, we have a different set of players go to EVERY single tournament that have NO CLUE to international rules. ALSO, those European and Latin American teams play together in tournaments ALL the time...they know each other and their coach. HOW MANY coaches has Team USA had since the Dream Team?? For you to play LIKE A TEAM, you NEED to know your teammates...know their weakness and strengths, can't do that with a different team and different coach EVERY tournament.

Master what craft? Defense kicks their collective asses. Not one of them knows how to do that. They only reason they don't score on every shot is that some of them just suck!

And WHO do you blame the lack of defense....sure as sh** can't be blamed on those kids because IF that coach is worth their weight, they would SEE they could not defend and TEACH THEM:eureka....that IS the idea of college basketball isn't?? SO, if you want to blame ANYONE for a player coming into the league without a once of defensive knowledge....blame the coach because if no one teaches, no one will know...:rolleyes:

What hurts the NBA is guaranteed money.

There are too many players collecting money and not doing a thing for it. That eats up the teams salary cap and strangles a team from making moves.

The issue I have in the NHL is more along the lines of "who the hell are those guys?"

There was a time when I knew everyones name and number on not just the Bruins and Celts but on every team they played. Now Im lucky to name 4 Bruins and I have no idea what number they wear.

The NFL does it the best, perform or hit the road.

As for baseball, my view is jaded. I am fortunate to be in Boston where they have enough money to be consistently competitive. I think I would shoot myself if I lived in KC.

What hurts the NBA is guaranteed money.

There are too many players collecting money and not doing a thing for it. That eats up the teams salary cap and strangles a team from making moves.

The issue I have in the NHL is more along the lines of "who the hell are those guys?"

There was a time when I knew everyones name and number on not just the Bruins and Celts but on every team they played. Now Im lucky to name 4 Bruins and I have no idea what number they wear.

The NFL does it the best, perform or hit the road.

As for baseball, my view is jaded. I am fortunate to be in Boston where they have enough money to be consistently competitive. I think I would shoot myself if I lived in KC.

Yup, that hurts too...especially guaranteed money for rookies coming in that have yet to play a second, down or an inning of professional sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts