I had a 922 installed today.

Why change it? I've had no issues or problems since it was installed. Why was it good enough a few years ago, but not now? I think it's silly to change it for no reason.

Don't change it. And long as it works, let it ride. This is just a corporate policy that eliminates common sense and it frustrates us techs. And actually I think there is a loop right underneath the arm anyway.

Whether he brought it up to code is nothing for you to worry about. This is not "your" issue. This is "our" issue.

FYI, not grounding isn't an autofail for QAS.
Excuse us for letting this customer know what wasn't properly done at his house. No need to refer to anyone as "monkeys" or "experts," we are doing our jobs to make a living. If our opinion or comments are meaningless to you, keep the negativeness to yourself.

Don't change it. And long as it works, let it ride. This is just a corporate policy that eliminates common sense and it frustrates us techs. And actually I think there is a loop right underneath the arm anyway.

Whether he brought it up to code is nothing for you to worry about. This is not "your" issue. This is "our" issue.

I think the loop you see is just the wire he screwed into his satellite finder device... (sorry, don't know the name of it) lol

FYI, not grounding isn't an autofail for QAS.
Excuse us for letting this customer know what wasn't properly done at his house. No need to refer to anyone as "monkeys" or "experts," we are doing our jobs to make a living. If our opinion or comments are meaningless to you, keep the negativeness to yourself.

I think it is grounded, as there is a ground wire screwed directly into the mounting pole?? Either way, it works good and always has. I almost never lose my signal. Only a very bad thunderstorm will give me signal loss.
I also appreciate you tech guys telling the rest of us dummies what is wrong or right with our setups. There is no need for name calling on this site, as most people on here are just trying to help out. For that, I say Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)