I hate Dish, how the heck can I cancel?

Whaack

Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Illinois
I switched from Comcast to Dish Network on the recommendation from a few family members. I HATE IT! I have had it less than three weeks and have had multiple "Outages" in perfect weather, the DVR is horrible, and the satillite signal is pitiful. Does anyone know if I have a play here or am I stuck for two years with this service?

if youre having problems, call dish and have them fix it. the dvr is the best in its class, not sure what your issue with it is.

Agreed, if you're losing signal in perfect weather, it is not installed properly. If there is indeed a problem, dish should send a tech out free of charge (as you are still within your 90 day warranty period). 1-800-333-DISH (3474) Best of luck.

Have you called technical support? Sounds like your install wasn't done properly. Have then send a tech to check things out. If after that you still aren't happy, you can cancel, but you'll have to pay the early termination fee.

Then again, based on your comments about the DVR, nothing may satisfy you. You might just want to pay to cancel right away. Dish DVRs are pretty much the best you'll find out there, I don't think I've ever heard someone describe them as horrible.

Its your right to cancel, just check and make sure there is not a cancellation fee to break the contract.

I suggest calling DISH Network and having them send someone out to fix your system as DISH Network is better than Comcast Cable

I have had probably 10 outages in 8 years at 2 diffrent locations and only for a matter of a few minutes. As others have said the dish is not pointed properly. Once done you will not have these problems. My freinds and relatives with cable have had it go out many more times than my service. As far as the DVR comment and don't know where you are coming from, every cable co DVR I have used is pure crap.

I'm wondering if he has any cheese to go with that whine. Looks more like a troll to me.

Dish the worst??

I'm wondering if he has any cheese to go with that whine. Looks more like a troll to me.

Listen, maybe hes having some issues. But not to try to fix them?? or let
dish make things right makes no sense.

He also has the right to cancel..

But to say that dish has the worst equipment? huh?

I beg to differ on that.

To date I have seen nothing that compares with the VIP722..
Cream of the crop...

Just my opinnion..

I came to Dish from Charter several years ago and instantly fell in love with the VIP 622 (sorry honey:)). It may take longer for others to adjust.

I didnt think "new" mebers could open threads I thought they had to comment in several first (to prevent spammers)

Not a spammer or a troll guys. I will call Dish today and have them come out. The signal goes out in perfect weather and I have tried to record shows only to get the error, "signal lost during recording" on multiple shows.

As for the DVR, I just find it VERY difficult to navigate. I would say that I am pretty comfortable with technology too, I ain't your grandma if you know what I am saying.

I will have Dish come out and try to fix it. Just frustrating. As for switching from Comcast I would have never switched except for the price was just getting too steep. The service was 2nd to none.

Not a spammer or a troll guys. I will call Dish today and have them come out. The signal goes out in perfect weather and I have tried to record shows only to get the error, "signal lost during recording" on multiple shows.

As for the DVR, I just find it VERY difficult to navigate. I would say that I am pretty comfortable with technology too, I ain't your grandma if you know what I am saying.

I will have Dish come out and try to fix it. Just frustrating. As for switching from Comcast I would have never switched except for the price was just getting too steep. The service was 2nd to none.

I think if you search around other forums you can find others that absolutely hate Comcast, Charter, Direct or Dish and others that love their providers. It is subjective like how some folks love pumpkin pie and others “hate it!”

I have been with E* for 7 plus years and I am very happy with my service that I left Charter for. Charter sucks!! LOL

Did you have a DVR with Comcast? If you did then navigation in Dish DVRs should be relatively easy to catch on to. What model Dish DVR do you have? 622, 722, or is your setup SD?
If you think that a Dish DVR is "horrible" you should try DirecTV's HR series.

Did you have a DVR with Comcast? If you did then navigation in Dish DVRs should be relatively easy to catch on to. What model Dish DVR do you have? 622, 722, or is your setup SD?
If you think that a Dish DVR is "horrible" you should try DirecTV's HR series.

Yes I had a DVR and HD with Comcast. I have the Dish VIP612. I find the menus hard to navigate and setting "timers" somewhat labor intensive. I have been using it for two-three weeks now and my wife won't even mess with it. She can't figure the thing out. I don't blame her.

Also, for whatever reason when watching a channel the tv will just start scanning and switching to another channel without me doing anything. We were trying to watch TV last night and it kept doing it every 5 minutes. Very very frustrating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts