Free PPV Movies for Current Dish Network Customers

Too much trouble to go through. With the technology built into the VIP series there must be a way to authorize 2 free movies without filling out coupons and having to check your account for a credit that may never show up.

I remembered getting one of these coupons years ago, I order, but the never refund the movie to my account. They claim they did, but I never seen the refund back.

It's not a big deal but it does tick me off a little. They charge you 10 bucks a month for HD and then send you two coupons for a free movie in SD. Would it not be logical to send out $6.99 coupons to those who pay extra for HD?

What vouchers?

What I see on that page is a form to fill out for a credit, you do that AFTER watching the movie. Nothing to mail in.

I agree on the HD. I would much rather have even one HD PPV than the 2 SD. I watched Gran Torino a few nights ago it was dissapointing at best. ( The quality, not the movie. The movie was great. ) It was 4:3 which I think was chopped, not pan and screen and the quality was low. I saw that it was available in HD, but the HD version said $6.99 and wasn't sure.

I really don't see how Dish can offer HD movies for $6.99. Netflix is cheaper and easier. I'm watching an 'HD' quality movie over Netflix streaming now and looks much better than the SD Dish movie.

What vouchers?

What I see on that page is a form to fill out for a credit, you do that AFTER watching the movie. Nothing to mail in.

You should actually receive two coupons in the mail that are each for a $4.99 free movie. I assume that you could use the website even if you don't get the mailing.

They did this back in January or February, I ordered the movie, filled out the form and never received the credit. When I called about it they claimed they never got the form. I filled it online, just like what was shown here and submitted. I'd be very careful.

Ah yes, I got the coupons in the mail today. The fine print says to use them if you don't have Internet access.

Just like every other PPV coupon I've ever seen before, you have to purchase the movie first, fill out the details, then you get a credit if you're lucky. At least being able to do it online, you can have a record of the transaction vs. having it lost in the mail.

Ah yes, I got the coupons in the mail today. The fine print says to use them if you don't have Internet access.

Just like every other PPV coupon I've ever seen before, you have to purchase the movie first, fill out the details, then you get a credit if you're lucky. At least being able to do it online, you can have a record of the transaction vs. having it lost in the mail.

I filled one out online back in February and never got the credit, finally called, they claimed they had never gotten it, but because "you are such a good customer, I will go ahead and issue the credit". If I hadn't called I still wouldn't have received the credit.

If DISH was serious -- and dare I say "sincere" -- about making sure a customer could view 2 free PPVs it would seem their billing could automatically give the credit. I've never done billing for a business, but in this day of technology could they not set each eligible customer's account to trigger up to 2 PPV credits when the account receives a PPV activity charge? DISH could have enclosed such a message under "Here's the DISH..." on the customer's monthly statement and under "offers" for those who check their account online. This would have saved DISH some money by not having to print the coupons, plus the postage to mail them.

But, I guess I'm just too simple...

Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts