NEW HD FOR SEPTEMBER

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Any news yet?.......how about now?..........OK, now?...........hmmmm, still nothing?:confused:

Nope September was a dud, dish had a number of technical issues including the loss of a transponder.

All indication I am getting is showing that things have been pushed off now until October.

We do have one new HD channel coming in September that I know of and that is the NFL Red Zone Channel.

Wish I had better news then that.

Yes it was.

I have some documentation showing a bunch of changes coming to the modulation scheme in October as well.

This weeks uplink looks like its going to be rather dull (again.)

Here is a Exclusive SatelliteGuys Advanced Uplink Sneek Peak. :)

Channel 155 (Old Fuel) will me made into a slare.
KBS will launch on 118.7
La Cross WQOW (ABC) will launch
Knoxville (MNT) WLVT-D will launch from 61.5 and 110
Palm Springs KVER (UNVSN) will launch
San Diego XHAS (TMNDO) will launch
Yakima KMAD (CW) will launch
In Lima OH a number of call letters are changing (WLQP -> WOHL, WLMO -> WOHLD, WOHL -> WLIOD)

Casper (KTWO, KGWC, KCWY, KFNB, KCWC) will launh on 119.

DAWN (Urdu Language) will launch on 118.7.

Free Intl Previes

CCTV
CCENT
HUNAN
PHNIX
K TV all from 118.7

Free Preivews for all customers:
SoapNet Free Preview ends.

All other Free previews start which are as follows:
DIY
FLIVING
BRAVO
BRAVO HD
FSC

And that looks to be about it for this weeks uplink.

Little bit of correction on the Casper, WY locals. They have been on a 129 Spotbeam and they were also on 148. When 148 was abandoned they moved them over to 119 since all the customers that had 148 also had 119. These customers should have 129 by now since they are now planning on removing the channels from 119 in the 79xx range. If the customers do not have 129 they will call in and say "What happened to my channels!? The CSR will schedule the dish 1000 upgrade and then tell them to tune to the locals in the 51xx range.

Rapid City, SD is in the same boat, but it is going a little quicker since they are moving to 110, I would assume there are not many customers with just 119 out there in that DMA.

The modulation changes are for the launch of Nimiq-5 to 72.7. Since this satellite will have a lot more power, they will be able to run things in 8PSK mode, automatically gaining them 160 megabits of bandwidth at this slot. Don't get excited just yet...they have to contend with 3 different setups of HD. 110/119/129, 110/119/61.5, and 61/72/77. So they have to be careful on what goes where. They could put some national HD on the 72 bird as long as they put it on 110/119, which they will have a vacant transponder on 119 pretty soon ;)

The modulation changes are for the launch of Nimiq-5 to 72.7. Since this satellite will have a lot more power, they will be able to run things in 8PSK mode, automatically gaining them 160 megabits of bandwidth at this slot. Don't get excited just yet...they have to contend with 3 different setups of HD. 110/119/129, 110/119/61.5, and 61/72/77. So they have to be careful on what goes where. They could put some national HD on the 72 bird as long as they put it on 110/119, which they will have a vacant transponder on 119 pretty soon ;)

Sounds like they will be quick about testing Nimiq 5 if they are planning on it being there in October. It's only launching Sept. 18th, so it will probably be almost October before it gets to it's testing location.

I presume the free 119 TP is 15, the current SD AAD TP. I bet they play musical transponders, putting SD on the free space on 119, and any new HD on 110.

Yes it was.

I have some documentation showing a bunch of changes coming to the modulation scheme in October as well.

This weeks uplink looks like its going to be rather dull (again.)

La Cross WQOW (ABC) will launch

And that looks to be about it for this weeks uplink.

The WQOW (ABC) has already been launched and it
is actually WQOW Eau Claire, WI. which is in the
Eau Claire, La Crosse DMA.

Sounds like they will be quick about testing Nimiq 5 if they are planning on it being there in October. It's only launching Sept. 18th, so it will probably be almost October before it gets to it's testing location.

I presume the free 119 TP is 15, the current SD AAD TP. I bet they play musical transponders, putting SD on the free space on 119, and any new HD on 110.

No, the 119 TP will be 10, where the temporary Casper and Rapid City SD locals from 148 are....for another month or so.

I'm hearing it will be there quicker than that. Remember there are no spotbeams to test on this puppy either. Middle of Oct for transition is likely if not sooner.

So with the combination of the Nimiq-5 transition and free TP on 119, we might see something in October, but more like beginning of November if you ask me as they will wait to let things settle before loading things up.

Is Dish really that crammed for Conus space that one TP loss means all launch plans are put on hold? I was under the impression they were not that tight for space.

If they are that crammed for space, what are they going to do with the HD RSN's long term?? I was hoping at some point those would be transitioned over to full time HD channels.

Is Dish really that crammed for Conus space that one TP loss means all launch plans are put on hold? I was under the impression they were not that tight for space.

If they are that crammed for space, what are they going to do with the HD RSN's long term?? I was hoping at some point those would be transitioned over to full time HD channels.

As soon as Nimiq-5 is in place, E6 can go to 61.5 to help out. Between the 3 of them they should be able to handle the job even with their injuries from the clarke belt battle field.

Gosh darn dish had better get it act together. I hear rumors that Verizon fiber optics may be in San Francisco by October--if true it is bye bye dish I am getting tired of their sh*t(sorry for the slur word)

LOL... guess no one is ever happy. DirecTV stopped adding HD quite some time ago, but Dish folks are still pissed they aren't getting new HD ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)