I hate my Joey!

Did you ever get a response from DIRT?
Because I PM them and never got a response.
Yes, I did. I asked about replacing the Joey with another HWS. It would cost me $95 for the tech visit and another 2 year contract. I said I'd wait till a new version of Joey was released...if that ever happens.

Reactions: Troch77
Yeah I figured as much.
I got a response on Facebook, and it was exactly the same there , no solution!
They make is sound like they are all concerned in the open forums, then you get them one on one and its the same old "there is nothing we can do"

Reactions: VegasVoomer
Yes, I did. I asked about replacing the Joey with another HWS. It would cost me $95 for the tech visit and another 2 year contract. I said I'd wait till a new version of Joey was released...if that ever happens.
Remember, the 4K Joey should be out sometime next year.

Reactions: VegasVoomer
Isn't there already two versions of the Joey? I hooked up a Joey via wireless bridge and it done pretty good even in HD just to see how well it would work.

My original Joey is soooo slooow. I need to get upgraded to the current faster Joey model with the faster CPU in it but they want $95 for something I do not own, I lease it. Plus they want the contract extended.
I dont get it. I see why so many are trying hard to cut the cord.

My original Joey is soooo slooow. I need to get upgraded to the current faster Joey model with the faster CPU in it but they want $95 for something I do not own, I lease it. Plus they want the contract extended.
I dont get it. I see why so many are trying hard to cut the cord.
I think you got bad advice somewhere. The MSRP for a Joey was $99, so $85 wouldn't make sense, nor have I ever seen an upgrade charge for that amount. That sounds like a tech visit at $95 without the proplan. And you likely are not guaranteed which Joey you get(unless you want something like a wireless Joey or Super Joey). It just doesn't work that way. They give you a family model receiver. The only difference is a HWS v H2K or a 722v622 if you buy the sling adapter at the same time.

So if I call dish, and I have the protection plan, They will swap out my slow Joey for a wireless Joey, and Not charge me anything?

So if I call dish, and I have the protection plan, They will swap out my slow Joey for a wireless Joey, and Not charge me anything?
No. You'll still need to buy the WAP. There is no lease on that, so purchase at MSRP, but the actual WJ shouldn't have any charge on qualified accounts.

What's a Qualified account?
And how much if not qualified, and what does the WAP cost, and does this start another 2 year commitment?

Qualified account is going to be a series of things. This will include longevity, credit history with the company, cancellations, upgrades, past offers, packages and a few other things.

WAP is $50 MSRP.

Upgrades can be anywhere from free to equipment MSRP plus tech cost. Most customers qualify for some sort of discount in uograde(most customers can get it free honestly).

Anytime you lease equipment upgrade you will start a new 24 month commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)