I hate my local OTA of MeTV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
radar, at least we can now see what those old tv shows really looked like back then! LOL
Kojak and Rockford, and other, older shows that we grew up watching with 2-3 ghosts imbedded in the video all look great now. If the channels weren't cutting 7-8minutes out of every show to squeeze in more advertising, it would be perfect tv.

Depending on where you are relative to Goldendale, if the local translators have not lied to the FCC, you should be able to get digital versions of KOIN 6-1, KOPB 10-1, KPTV 12-1, and KPDX 49-1. The KGW translator holds a permit to go digital, but is currently analog. The translators for KATU and KRCW do not currently hold permits to go digital.

- Trip

We are 12 miles east of Goldendale. There 2 hills between us and Dallesport, so even with a 10 foot boom on the OTA antenna, we only got PBS (twice) OTA. Then the ice (4.5 inches) and wind (76 MPH) brought that thing down. I had said I would not put it up again after the 6th time, but I did, and it lasted 9 weeks! I had better reception from Tri-cities (Pasco, WA) direction.

Well, I've been receiving FTA satellite since 2005, and there's always something good to watch. Many members here have been scanning the skies far longer, some since the early '80s.

"Always" is a very long time, and there's no telling what the future holds. Technology changes, and FTA changes with it. Change is one thing that is constant in the world of FTA, you never know what channels you're going to lose OR what channels you're going to gain. That's part of the fun of it, and its never boring.

Here is a recent thread discussing the future of FTA...

Last edited:
Well since last week when we had that line of really nasty storms blow through, the local MeTV sub channel got really weak. I had recently put up a pre-amplifier to help with my OTA and it did make a difference.

But the folks carrying MeTV, something happened and the signal dropped a lot, it's so weak that I just can't get it now, I get tons of the dreaded yellow signal lost screens.

My 10' dish, never missed a beat through all that nasty weather. Thank goodness for it because it's now back to being my only source for Me and This..

The only problem is, switching between it and Dish is a bit of a pain and I can't switch it from other rooms, I have to go to the room where the PC is and do stuff there. :(

Oh well. Maybe they'll fix the local feed so I can tune it in with my Dish tuner. I still hate local commercials but it sure was nice having one tuner for OTA and Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts