i have a comparison question if i may..please come by for a minute :)

WEll aucclty oralndos internet is handled through the Level3 Datacenter in orlando then routed to the level3 datacenter in tampa. so technicly you could say Level3 acts as our "NOC" if you must. and the NOCS we now operate are run by TimeWarner Telcom.. as we left that business BHN is a "partner" with them but they operate everything. Now that BHN is handling dedicated access through timewarner telcom i think the partnership is closer and maybe even a future buyout by BHN is in order?

and brandon is part of north ops not central, but that doesnt mean they couldnt monitor web traffic from there as well.. I work in central so im not familiar with north ops as you probley arent with central :)

WEll aucclty oralndos internet is handled through the Level3 Datacenter in orlando then routed to the level3 datacenter in tampa. so technicly you could say Level3 acts as our "NOC" if you must. and the NOCS we now operate are run by TimeWarner Telcom.. as we left that business BHN is a "partner" with them but they operate everything. Now that BHN is handling dedicated access through timewarner telcom i think the partnership is closer and maybe even a future buyout by BHN is in order?

and brandon is part of north ops not central, but that doesnt mean they couldnt monitor web traffic from there as well.. I work in central so im not familiar with north ops as you probley arent with central :)

Well I just talked to the "non-existant" BHN NOC in Brandon, who had a great laugh over your post.

They are 100% owned by BHN and they are the NOC for Central Florida. They handle the Video for the Tampa Bay Area, the Internet for the Tampa Bay Area and Digital Phone for EVERY BHN system in America including Bakersfield, Detroit, Birmingham etc.

He said that Video and Internet is handled by the TEC in Orlando so many people in Orlando don't even know that BHN has a NOC, which apparently you didn't.

As for your TW telecom stuff, they says that it 100% incorrect.

Well I just talked to the "non-existant" BHN NOC in Brandon, who had a great laugh over your post.

They are 100% owned by BHN and they are the NOC for Central Florida. They handle the Video for the Tampa Bay Area, the Internet for the Tampa Bay Area and Digital Phone for EVERY BHN system in America including Bakersfield, Detroit, Birmingham etc.

He said that Video and Internet is handled by the TEC in Orlando so many people in Orlando don't even know that BHN has a NOC, which apparently you didn't.

As for your TW telecom stuff, they says that it 100% incorrect.

Well as i say if brandon as a noc i am not aware of it as its in north ops, and what part of the timewarner telcom is untrue? Does this noc friend not know they we supply them the fiber? much of our darkfiber is being purchased by them and reserved for them, and we also use alot of their backbone.

and as far as digital phone goes we have our own cisco routing switches in our headend about 3 of them to be exact (around 5million$ each) and they are routed directly to the carrier whom we deal with (mci in orlando)

not denying in brandon they do network monitoring their, but the switching is done at the headend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)