I have a few questions about directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
my dish contract is up in 2 months and i am looking at possibly switching to directv. i have america's top 250 with dish and i was looking at getting the choice ultimate with directv. what channels does direct have that dish doesn't? about the only thing i would miss is epix and i think i can deal with that. if i got the genie it will hookup to my main tv which is HD. my other 2 tv's are SD, would the genie clients hookup to SD tvs? and what are the receiver fees,dvr fees,etc? also is pole mount free? (I live in a mobile home)

Last edited:
Yes you can hook the clients up to a SDTV
lets see on fees
$6 per extra receiver....doesnt matter if its a client, a receiver or a 2 tuner HD DVR. So get what you THINK you will need up front. You're only a new customer once ;)
$23 "advanced receiver fee" but that is the following...$10 HD fee, $10 DVR fee and $3 whole home fee. You get a $10 credit for 24 months (for the HD)

as for what package to get or what channels are with DIrectv that arent on Dish the best thing to do is just do a comparison. See what channels you HAVE to have and go from there. Directv site has a neat channel comparison. You scroll down and it shows what channels are in which package in one easy to read option

or here is a pdf (but also has discontinued packages too)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...ges-Including-Family-Select-amp-Grandfathered

by the way the difference between Ultimate and Xtra is the following
Boomerang
Chiller
Cloo
ENCORE (7)
NHL Network
PBS Sprout
Sundance Channel
Style
Tennis Channel HD
The Movie Channel

Yes you can hook the clients up to a SDTV
lets see on fees
$6 per extra receiver....doesnt matter if its a client, a receiver or a 2 tuner HD DVR. So get what you THINK you will need up front. You're only a new customer once ;)
$23 "advanced receiver fee" but that is the following...$10 HD fee, $10 DVR fee and $3 whole home fee. You get a $10 credit for 24 months (for the HD)

as for what package to get or what channels are with DIrectv that arent on Dish the best thing to do is just do a comparison. See what channels you HAVE to have and go from there. Directv site has a neat channel comparison. You scroll down and it shows what channels are in which package in one easy to read option

or here is a pdf (but also has discontinued packages too)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...ges-Including-Family-Select-amp-Grandfathered

by the way the difference between Ultimate and Xtra is the following
Boomerang
Chiller
Cloo
ENCORE (7)
NHL Network
PBS Sprout
Sundance Channel
Style
Tennis Channel HD
The Movie Channel
Thanks!! I gotta have the encore channels and chiller :D

Lol. Maybe one of these days!!

You have to get the Genie if possible with whole home and you will love Directv as ever since i switched over to Directv I amn happy as heck and the discounts when you call them that they give you on programming and always very willing to help when I call and as ice pointed out the Ultimate would be youe best choice of package for what you want.I have Premier and have had it since I began with them :) Good luck with it gpollock :)

You have to get the Genie if possible with whole home and you will love Directv as ever since i switched over to Directv I amn happy as heck and the discounts when you call them that they give you on programming and always very willing to help when I call and as ice pointed out the Ultimate would be youe best choice of package for what you want.I have Premier and have had it since I began with them :) Good luck with it gpollock :)
Thanks! I will get the genie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts