SiriusXM Back on DirecTV Jan 20th 2013!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
This morning on The Morning Mash Up on Hits 1, they said XM was coming back on DirecTV January 20th!!! I'm so happy!! Hope this isn't old news to you guys if so I'm sorry. I didn't see it anywhere

Thanks and good to hear and maybe they will add all the channels with all the satellites but I bet they do what Dish has :)

Someone posted this back in August but it was just from a wiki.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=289870

Didn't carry much weight as to believing it at that time.

That said, it would be a positive change, I've carried XM for years and always liked having the consistency, haven't used Sonic much since the change but didn't care for it much when I did try it.

Here's to hoping it happens :)

Someone posted this back in August but it was just from a wiki.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=289870

Didn't carry much weight as to believing it at that time.

That said, it would be a positive change, I've carried XM for years and always liked having the consistency, haven't used Sonic much since the change but didn't care for it much when I did try it.

Here's to hoping it happens :)
Same here .... used XM all the time, don't use Sonic at all.

I sent a couple feelers out on this and nobody at Directv could confirm, may not mean anything but just tossing it out there.
I would feel better about it with more than just a DJ mention, and just one that we've Eem posted at that.

According to Satelliteracer at dbstalk, he said he wasn't aware of it.

not to burst any bubbles..but the Sirius/Directv rumour has been around 2-3 years and usually starts on a wikipedia web page..but on the otherhand Liberty Media now controls Sirius/XM so it is a real possibility

Last edited:
Does it really matter? How many people actually listen to music channels through their tv provider?

Hopefully they put MLB Network (radio side) on it again.
The other guys don't get any of the "talk" channels so there's not much of a precedence for what you're hoping for.

Of course they'll probably park some of the channels at 119W like they're doing now (assuming they don't compress what's left of the satellite feeds to fit it all on 101W).

This would be awesome as we are swapping from DISH to Directv today. The SiriusXM channels were going to be missed with the switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)