On demand question--new customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I don't know what kind of receiver I have other than it is a HD/DVR, new receiver. Curious as to how on demand works. I downloaded a 3 minute video of Niki Minaj the other day. But what happens if it is a movie? Do I have to wait until it downloads completely before watching it or do all the movies just stream? I have Comcast internet which is fast and claims to download movies in about 8 minutes. Never tried it, thoe. It's not a Genie but does have Pandora on it. Thanks for your answer!--Andy:eek:

I know the Genie claims for "instant" viewing which I did try and it does work...but again its based on your internet speed

When I had the R22 (and 1.5MB DSL) if you hit "list" to show the DVR list once the bar color is in green you will be fine to start playing it

When you download you'll see the progress bar.
Typically it starts out red and then it will go to yellow and then green.
You can start watching when it shows yellow. but depending on your download speed it may need to stop and buffer.

I have the Genie and DSL internet. I'll usually stat watching a downloaded movie a minute or 2 after I start the download.. I never actually look at the progress bar

Recently, the download speed for VOD is very slow for me.
I have a very good internet connection (CABLE). Maybe my cable company is intentionally slowing down DTV's VOD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)