I Have a Replacement STB Coming Monday

DarrellP said:
Thanks guys, I know it's on the Voom satellite end as my Voom OTA is excellent & noise free. I'm also considering reducing my screen size down to around 90-96".

Ilya, I do see SDE to a very small degree with bright white scenes, but it is barely noticeable.

DarrelP-

Don't reduce your screen size. Be proud that you have a bigger screen than 99% percent of the people out there. Although you trump me, (92"), I wouldn't give up any of it. If you're not happy with the picture, that's all that matters. Voom won't be around that much longer anyway. Things will look up!

Joemama, thank's for the words of encouragement, finally someone who understands.

Watching HDNET and OTA HD is so wonderful, then I tune in Voom and it's always a big letdown, it's just lacking the snap and crispness that HD should be.

DarrellP said:
What's up? Is Voom messing with our heads? Are they mooving (pun intended) the compression around between channels? :confused:

I believe that's exactly what they are doing. I mean, using variable compression not messing with your head DarrellP. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts