I have an RCA DRD430RG (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

damaged

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
South of Heaven
I have heard (on here) that some people who had a receiver bought and paid-for before the lease started, that D* did have a tendancy to mark them as Leased (according to their website account) at first, but, once they called D* and complained, they said that D* made it right, and marked it as Purchased. (YMMV)

leww37334

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 30, 2005
I have an idea, if D* refuses to remove a receiver that you clearly own from lease status , kindly ask for the name of the CSR, then explain to them that you are going to your local police station and have a warrant issued for their arrest for theft, because that is exactly what was done. If the CSR laughs, then go ahead and do it.

kds64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 29, 2005
Arizona
AS LONG as It says Directv on it is leased
RCA, Phillips, Anything that has a Directv Logo On it
No matter how old it is

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
kds64 said:
AS LONG as It says Directv on it is leased
RCA, Phillips, Anything that has a Directv Logo On it
No matter how old it is
==========================================================

NOT TRUE AT ALL.

IF you have a D* product with the D* logo and it has been activated before 3-1-06 it is NOT a LEASE , regardless.

IF you activate it after 3-1-06, then you can talk to D* about how they want to deal with it.

Jimbo

jake14mw

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 27, 2004
Central Connecticut
leww37334 said:
I have an idea, if D* refuses to remove a receiver that you clearly own from lease status , kindly ask for the name of the CSR, then explain to them that you are going to your local police station and have a warrant issued for their arrest for theft, because that is exactly what was done. If the CSR laughs, then go ahead and do it.

I'd love to hear a cop's reaction to that one :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)