I Have Another Stupid Rookie ? Please Forgive Me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BeltFanChris

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2015
Northwest Louisiana
From what I've gather this ? has been asked and discuss before but for me being a rookie I will ask it

Is it humanly possible or even remotely possible to used a C - Band / BUD dish for DirecTV and / Dish Network services?

I ask because I see people post pic's of there FTA dish with brackets with lots of LNB's on them picking up many different satellites. I thought if you could make a homemade bracket for a C - Band / BUD dish then why couldn't you

Any thoughts or comments on this. By the way, I apologize for asking another absurd question

You mean take a 10 footer for paytv it would be over kill. Some people use 1 meter dish or 1.2 meter dish for their paytv sub. It helps with rain fade holds out longer during a rain storm from losing your signal. Hopefully this answers your question about c band dish.

You mean take a 10 footer for paytv it would be over kill. Some people use 1 meter dish or 1.2 meter dish for their paytv sub. It helps with rain fade holds out longer during a rain storm from losing your signal. Hopefully this answers your question about c band dish.

I was just asking out of curiosity. Curiosity kills the cat

Wasn't being mean here ku and ka band gets jammed by rain c band goes right on through. There is no stupid questions here you are rookie we are here to help. That is the way I learned when I started here.

Reactions: SignalHill
There is no rain fade If you use a big enough dish. :) Back in the early days of Pizza programming, California amplifier made a product for that purpose. It was a circular polarity lnbf built right into a scaler ring. Back in the day a lot of Cbanders would have their big dish subs along with local channels provided by all America Direct (Ku band circular).

Screenshot_4.png

The larger the dish the narrower the beam width especially at the higher frequencies such as KU and KA. People that try to do both C-band and KU on the same dish know how hard it is to align for KU even if C-band appears dead nuts on. Since the dishes for satellite pay services are designed to be used with those services and are included with the install there is really no reason to try to use a BUD for this purpose.

You would defiantly NOT want to use a prime focus C-Band dish for a DBS service. Back in the day before they both had multiple orbital locations that might have worked. However with the modern equipment from both Dish and DirecTV the receivers expect to see multiple orbital locations (99,101,103 for DTV) and (61.5,72,77 for Dish EA or 110,119,129 for Dish WA). Not to mention the fact that an offset Ku dish is munch more efficient for pulling in signals than prime focus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)