I have so many questions, New Sony HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonydirectv

Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
ny
I just got a KDL-42V4100 and DirecTV (CHOICE— Locals Included Package) with DirecTV Plus DVR. DirecTV guy setup the cable and I myself did the TV. I have a couple questions for you guys. 1) I have no idea where to find my Local Channels and not sure If I connected anything wrong. 2) I have a couple of HD channels and they look pretty bad on my HDTV. Is it because I have the DirecTV Plus DVR receiver and not a HD receiver? 3)The TV is standing at a slightly tilting angle. How can I adjust this? 4) The TV shakes easily with a push, is it suppose to be like this? 5) Anything I should know about this TV? Thanks in advance!

I can answer a couple of your questions.

1) Your local channels should be on the same channel they are over the air. You may have to go to the DTV website and enter your zip code to see what locals are available for your area, or call and ask for an exemption to get the national feeds.

2) You need an HD reciever to get the HD channels. That is why it looks like crap. You also have to subscribe to the HD service in your contract. Also, use the component or HDMI inputs from your reciever to your HDTV to get the best picture.

4) If it's an LCD, they are pretty light, and easy to push around.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts