I joined the hopper world

Rinker97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Had a 2 Hopper/1 Joey system installed on Saturday. The tech did a super job and we had no problems. Got done in time to watch the game. I had a pull string from the basement to the attic and he connected on his wires and went up in the attic. I fed them into the hole as he pulled. Got stuck a couple of times but overall it worked as I had planned. I didn't want the wires running along the side of the house.

He did have to change out my barrel connectors on my new patch panel and the wall plates. I think I I will get new barrel connectors and go ahead and replace them throughout the house so I am ready if I want to relocate any of the hoppers or joeys. Anybody know of a good place to get them? I bought my patch panel and keystone jacks at Monoprice but when I checked this morning they didn't have the blue ones.

I contacted Monoprice to see if what I had was 3GHz but they didn't have that information. Unbelievable. I checked under the cable that went to a hopper and a joey and they were not blue so he didn't change them after all. Now I don't know if I should change them or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)