I just activated my 622...MYSELF!

MIXER99

Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
I kept getting the runaround and told no when I called to activate my 622. Told it had to be professionally installed. I told them I already have a 625 dual tuner DVR and that all had to be done was to disconnect and reconnect the cables exactly as on the other. Dish of course disagreed.

So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I searched the net and found the dish installers activation line, called it, and they asked for the ROO and SOO numbers, the name of the company installing it, and the channel number of the tv2 output, and that was it....Activated inside of 2 minutes. :devil:

So, everyone is happy now...I got my DVR up and running, the installer gets paid and doesnt have to come out, and dish doesnt have to hear me gripe at them!!!

LOL!!!

mdonnelly said:
Why should he get paid if he didn't do anything?

It's like in the Sopranos. Sitting in a lawnchair at a construction site "supervising" is hard work, see.

boba said:
How does the installer get paid if he didn't come out and get the paperwork filled out?

I was just assuming since they were the scheduled installer (2 weeks from now) and I gave their company name when I called. Ive already paid the upgrade fee directly to dish...I dont have a problem with the installer or company getting their service fee...I just didnt want to want another 2 weeks.

MIXER99 said:
I was just assuming since they were the scheduled installer (2 weeks from now) and I gave their company name when I called. Ive already paid the upgrade fee directly to dish...I dont have a problem with the installer or company getting their service fee...I just didnt want to want another 2 weeks.
I would be. Why should they get paid for not doing any work? It just drives up the costs for everybody.

I suppose maybe the installer will show up at the scheduled time, with the paperwork. If you sign off, he'll get paid, but it's a waste of money.

MIXER99 - Did you already have a Dish 1000 or wing dish at 61.5 or 129? Because if you activated an HD Metallic Pack without either of those two configurations you aren't getting all the HD channels with your 622.

If you already had this - or didn't upgrade to a new HD Metallic Pack - then congrats on beating the system!

I activated mine myself as well, but when I called E*, got tech support, (American) and he asked for both numbers, after 5 mins mine was activated too. I purchased mine however if that makes any difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)