I just got my 921 but......

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
I hooked everything up. Plugged it in. Pushed the power button. NOTHING. The fan is running, maybe even the Hard drive but it will not turn on. No lights on the front. Called Adv tech support and nothing helped. the said they will have engineering call me back.

Frustrating to say the least. I have been waiting forever. I have talked so much to my wife about this, she's gonna sh** when she gets home.

:mad:

Make sure that you are looking at the picture on the correct input..... I forget how it comes out of the box, but I'm guessing you should try using the RCA outputs at SD just to make sure since the unit can't output both HD and SD at the same time.

Also..... try the smart card pull and check your connections. The unit DOES need both sat inputs hooked up to function properly..... It takes about 45 minutes to do the initial download. Check with advanced tech to see what their current recommendations are for initial startup as it probably has changed since I first did it in January........

Make sure the 921 is on a FLAT surface. I have seen them not boot up if they were at any type of angle.

And do as Bob says above. Even if the drive is bad you should still see the 921 logo within 5 or 10 minutes of plugging the unit in for the first time.

gone through all the stuff with advanced tech. checked both sat cables with my 508 and get a great signal with both. The 921 sat all night with all hookups and was still dead this morning. It is on an absolutely flat surface. NO lights ever on the front.

Well MARK at Dish Depot just called me. He raised some heck with Dish and is sending me a replacement and taking care of the RA for me.

He is one hell of a guy!

If you can't get what you need from Satelliteguys then definately give Mark at DD a call. He is a very honest guy.

Sorry you're having such problems. I agree about Mark. I bought a Dishplayer from him back in 2000 that could only see even transponders. He sent me a replacement that I had two days later AND he downloaded the initial software download to cut down on my install time (and save me the SW64 bypass).

got my replacement and it booted up but a screen came up that said the smart card was invalid and would not go any further. I was on with advanced tech support for over an hour and they could not figure it out. I emailed dish and got a call from them about half hour later. They are sending me a tested one for Saturday delivery.

I am starting to wonder if someone changed my name to Bob Haller

John I am starting to wonder too... Can you please email me a copy of your identification please. :D

Just kidding!!

I don't know why they didnt take the smart card from your other dead unit and put it in the new one. (Or maybe they did try that and the smartcard reader in the new 921 is bad)

Scott Greczkowski said:
John I am starting to wonder too... Can you please email me a copy of your identification please. :D

Just kidding!!

I don't know why they didnt take the smart card from your other dead unit and put it in the new one. (Or maybe they did try that and the smartcard reader in the new 921 is bad)

yeah we did try the other smartcard with the same result. I have the feeling it was the reader.

Thanks,

Bob

oops I mean John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts