I just love dish

Patrick Smith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Valdosta, GA
So as a lot of you know I work for directv and had dish with 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. Had one of my hoppers replaced with a genie since I got free directv. After 2 months I couldn't stand it anymore. Packed it up put it in the closet and had a another hopper installed. The genie has nothing on the hopper. I couldn't even get the CW because they couldn't get LOS on 119. Anyways I am happy to have my 2 hopper 2 Joey setup again!

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So as a lot of you know I work for directv and had dish with 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. Had one of my hoppers replaced with a genie since I got free directv. After 2 months I couldn't stand it anymore. Packed it up put it in the closet and had a another hopper installed. The genie has nothing on the hopper. I couldn't even get the CW because they couldn't get LOS on 119. Anyways I am happy to have my 2 hopper 2 Joey setup again!

The Hopper really is an amazing device. It does so many different things, some of which I'm still discovering. It is beyond a doubt the best IRD I've ever owned.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is it possible Directv pays its employees too much? Or maybe there's some internet BS.
I like the hopper also, but free is free. Nobody is stupid enough to believe you.

Is it possible Directv pays its employees too much? Or maybe there's some internet BS.
I like the hopper also, but free is free. Nobody is stupid enough to believe you.

What is so hard to believe here? I'm a long ways from being rich, but I would still pay for a service I wanted, if something provided for free didn't work properly or bugged me in some way I couldn't get over. There are occasions where free isn't worth the price. (pun intended ;))

The genie has nothing on the hopper. I couldn't even get the CW because they couldn't get LOS on 119.

Out of curiosity...what are some of the other things that bugged you about the Genie? Never used one, as I have Dish/Hopper myself, but I did briefly look into the Genie on the off-chance a channel (or channels) I wanted were to disappear at some point from Dish.

so was the 922..............................

hund3C1.gif

Attachments

• hund3C1.gif
    hund3C1.gif
    43.6 KB · Views: 102
What is so hard to believe here? I'm a long ways from being rich, but I would still pay for a service I wanted, if something provided for free didn't work properly or bugged me in some way I couldn't get over. There are occasions where free isn't worth the price. (pun intended ;))

It isn't hard to believe. I once lived in an apartment where the landlord provided free basic cable (channels 2-77) but I still got satellite anyway. Was I stupid to not settle for the "free" basic cable? Nah. :D

It isn't hard to believe. I once lived in an apartment where the landlord provided free basic cable (channels 2-77) but I still got satellite anyway. Was I stupid to not settle for the "free" basic cable? Nah. :D

I'm sorry if I hurt some feelings. But there's not a lot of differences between the 2 sat providers. Dish has the hopper which to me is clearly better. But not that much. Direct has better sports channels. But not that many. Direct also has more HD channels. But not that many. Dish is cheaper. But not that much.
Now factor in FREE verses $80 - 100 a month and tell me you honestly believe someone would choose to pay.

I'm sorry if I hurt some feelings. But there's not a lot of differences between the 2 sat providers. Dish has the hopper which to me is clearly better. But not that much. Direct has better sports channels. But not that many. Direct also has more HD channels. But not that many. Dish is cheaper. But not that much.
Now factor in FREE verses $80 - 100 a month and tell me you honestly believe someone would choose to pay.

I guess I tend to disagree. I have had both providers. I'm currently with Dish. Even after my promotional period expires, I'll still be paying less than I ever paid with Directv because of the "free HD for life." Not only that, but the Hopper isn't even in the same league as the Genie. And the Sling feature enables me to do more than I ever could with Directv. So yes, it's a matter of opinion, but the two providers are still very much in competition with each other (and this is the way it should be).

I don't think you hurt anyone's feelings. What you did is basically call the guy a liar. Easy to do on a message board hiding behind a screen name. I bet you wouldn't do that in the real world. Keep trolling man.

I don't think you hurt anyone's feelings. What you did is basically call the guy a liar. Easy to do on a message board hiding behind a screen name. I bet you wouldn't do that in the real world. Keep trolling man.
I rarely use the word liar. I really don't like to. If you read my post I did not in this case. But if i don't believe someone I tell them. It's not about hiding behind the internet.
It something sounds wrong, why should I believe it? That's not trolling. I'm not sure why you think it is.

I rarely use the word liar. I really don't like to. If you read my post I did not in this case. But if i don't believe someone I tell them. It's not about hiding behind the internet.
It something sounds wrong, why should I believe it? That's not trolling. I'm not sure why you think it is.

It's called being the bigger man or being an adult and ignore it. If you don't like a thread or a post ignore it. Yea you did basically called him a liar. You can deny it but you did. You'll fit in with a couple other trolls around here that can't seem to ignore threads they don't like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)