I just "moved"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I know this is wrong, I'm sorry......but I know people do it for various reasons from time to time.

So I e mailed DTV the other night and advised them due to "business" I will be staying at a rental unit on Long Island (game them my Uncles address) for the next few months that was already DTV ready and that I was bringing my receivers with me and a few hours later the change went through so now I get the New York locals. The reason I did this was so I can get the New York Jets games this year without shelling out all the dough for Sunday Ticket this year since money is a little tighter then normal since I'm currently out of work. I did this a few years back but my question is this. For the last year I've been using the OnDemand wired up to my 2wire router. I unplugged it before I sent the address change through e mail just to be on the safe side. I live in Asheville, NC so that is the IP it's going to give. Do you guys suggest I keep it unplugged? I'm assuming yes since it gives off a NC IP address.

I know this is wrong, I'm sorry......but I know people do it for various reasons from time to time.

So I e mailed DTV the other night and advised them due to "business" I will be staying at a rental unit on Long Island (game them my Uncles address) for the next few months that was already DTV ready and that I was bringing my receivers with me and a few hours later the change went through so now I get the New York locals. The reason I did this was so I can get the New York Jets games this year without shelling out all the dough for Sunday Ticket this year since money is a little tighter then normal since I'm currently out of work. I did this a few years back but my question is this. For the last year I've been using the OnDemand wired up to my 2wire router. I unplugged it before I sent the address change through e mail just to be on the safe side. I live in Asheville, NC so that is the IP it's going to give. Do you guys suggest I keep it unplugged? I'm assuming yes since it gives off a NC IP address.
I know your proud that you are getting away with doing that, but I wouldn't post it here for the world to know. You are lucky because most cities have spot beams, so subscribers can't get away with this.

I think I would leave leave the Ethernet cable unplugged. Although your IP is probably traceable from this forum.

I know your proud that you are getting away with doing that, but I wouldn't post it here for the world to know. You are lucky because most cities have spot beams, so subscribers can't get away with this.

I think I would leave leave the Ethernet cable unplugged. Although your IP is probably traceable from this forum.
Posting about 'moving' is not a problem here. Hell, half of the topics in the E* board are about 'moving'. And his IP isn't a concern here, only staff members are able to see it.

Like I said, I know it's wrong, I'm certainly not proud of it. Sometimes fans will do whatever it takes to see their home town team play. Most times I shell out the extra cash for it. I subscribe to NBA League Pass and MLB EI. Most years I get Sunday Ticket, this year I just can't afford it.

Like I said, I know it's wrong, I'm certainly not proud of it. Sometimes fans will do whatever it takes to see their home town team play. Most times I shell out the extra cash for it. I subscribe to NBA League Pass and MLB EI. Most years I get Sunday Ticket, this year I just can't afford it.
I understand what you are saying about wanting to see your home team. I was going to do it legally for free with a Slingbox at my brothers house. He still lives in my teams home market.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post, but I still wouldn't post it here. You never know who might read it. Your probably fine, but I know they had a crackdown years ago when people were using bogus access cards to get free service. People did get arrested for that, although mainly the sellers. As Lkr stated, probably only the moderators have access to your ip, but if the authorities want the info, I'm sure they could get it.

And as mentioned before, lots of people "move". I was one of them with Dish (wanted an adjacent market that I use to live in) for 3 years until I cancelled Dish

DirecTV dont care
Dish dont care

I understand what you are saying about wanting to see your home team. I was going to do it legally for free with a Slingbox at my brothers house. He still lives in my teams home market.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post, but I still wouldn't post it here. You never know who might read it. Your probably fine, but I know they had a crackdown years ago when people were using bogus access cards to get free service. People did get arrested for that, although mainly the sellers. As Lkr stated, probably only the moderators have access to your ip, but if the authorities want the info, I'm sure they could get it.

thats not at all what OP was implying... and yes i would leave the router unplugged, and no i would not worry about posting here.

And as mentioned before, lots of people "move". I was one of them with Dish (wanted an adjacent market that I use to live in) for 3 years until I cancelled Dish

DirecTV dont care
Dish dont care
I might say "DirecTV or Dish don't care about what they don't know", but I wouldn't go as far as to say they don't care.

Thanks guys, I guess I'll just leave it unplugged, that's how it is right now. I'll miss the OnDemand for a little while, but the main thing is being able to watch my Jets. Hopefully next year I'll be able to get the Sunday Ticket again, I'm sure I'll have a job again by then. I will miss being able to have my choice of game to watch when I'm not watching the Jet game.

I highly doubt they are doing geo-lookup on IP addresses. Phone numbers, probably, IPs from ethernet enabled boxes, not very likely at all.

I highly doubt they are doing geo-lookup on IP addresses. Phone numbers, probably, IPs from ethernet enabled boxes, not very likely at all.

Interesting, so you think maybe it wouldn't be a huge issue to have it hooked up?

asheville------------swannanoa here

I considered "moving" from Dallas to the NYC mkt recently due to that NHL CI mess with te MSG-owned HD feeds removed from the CI pkg last season. But with the other factors (local sta's & RSN's), I passed on the idea. That's the first time I ever thought about "moving".

I'm really debating over this now. I'm close to hooking up my OnDemand to see what happens. lol

I wouldn't worry about plugging it in. I moved on Dish and left everything plugged in. They don't ask any questions, so I agree with Iceberg. Neither of them care as long as you pay your bill. They don't look for movers, they look for account stackers.

Thanks for all the info everybody.

By the way, what's an account stacker?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts