I just "moved"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, do you think this would work?

I am a contractor who will be "working" in LA for the next 3 months. I want to bring one of my receivers with me, but leave 2 for my wife and kids. Is it possible to get the LA locals on one receiver only?

See that would be considered account stacking if I'm not mistaken. I think it's all or nothing. I think if you have service at "two" different addresses you have to have two different accounts. So if you want it to work you need to "move" to LA on all the receivers.

so, after moving is it normal for me not to see locals in their NYC postions (2,4,5,7) and only see them in the 390's?

Do i need to change something on my receiver? zip code?

edit: i re-ran the sat setup and now i see 2,4,5,7 in the guide but the don't work. guess those 'channels' are a spot beam where as the 390 versions are CONUS?

so, after moving is it normal for me not to see locals in their NYC postions (2,4,5,7) and only see them in the 390's?

Do i need to change something on my receiver? zip code?

I can see them on 2, 4, 5 and 7 but I only get the standard definition ones to come in, the HD say searching for signal. So to watch the HD feeds I do have to go to the 390's.

I can see them on 2, 4, 5 and 7 but I only get the standard definition ones to come in, the HD say searching for signal. So to watch the HD feeds I do have to go to the 390's.

o well, whatever, i got the channels. i can watch the GIANTS game on saturday :cool:

fox 5 news at 10 on at 9. ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
o well, whatever, i got the channels. i can watch the GIANTS game on saturday :cool:

fox 5 news at 10 on at 9. ya!

Enjoy! :cool: It was like old times when I first moved and could see Eyewitness News on Ch. 7 again. I just wish I could get ch. 9 and ch. 11, oh well.

Enjoy! :cool: It was like old times when I first moved and could see Eyewitness News on Ch. 7 again. I just wish I could get ch. 9 and ch. 11, oh well.

ya, tuesday yankee games are on 9. I figure it was worth the trade off so i can get the saturday fox games as well as the giants & rangers & knicks.

maybe when they get another bird in the sky they will move cw to conus.

ya, tuesday yankee games are on 9. I figure it was worth the trade off so i can get the saturday fox games as well as the giants & rangers & knicks.

maybe when they get another bird in the sky they will move cw to conus.

Yeah, I figured this late in the year it was worth losing the my9 games. Plus there will be a few Saturday afternoon games I will get on YES that would normally be blacked out because of the Fox Saturday MLB Blackout B.S.

This thread talked about "moving" to NY

Are there any West Cost Locals on Conus in HD? Like LA?

Will I still get more real local channels over the air through my HR2x receiver and on the guide if I enter my local zip code?

This thread talked about "moving" to NY

Are there any West Cost Locals on Conus in HD? Like LA?

Will I still get more real local channels over the air through my HR2x receiver and on the guide if I enter my local zip code?

NY and LA are the only hd locals on CONUS. Only the big four are on CONUS. The rest are on spot beams. Entering the local zip code will access that areas data base of stations. If you aren't in that area, it won't matter. Is that what you were asking?

Status
Please reply by conversation.