I just ordered a HDHomerun HDHR5-4K, has anyone been able to do DX'ing with it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Route66Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2019
Missouri
I just ordered a HDHomerun HDHR5-4K & I am expecting to receive it today. The area that I am in is the Kansas City, MO area, which is expected to get ATSC 3.0 later this Summer. I have, on occasion, received the Oklahoma City, OK TV stations during tropospheric propagation. The Oklahoma City ATSC 3.0 TV station broadcasts on Ch. 19. Could I possibly DX this TV station? The closest full power TV stations, to me, that are on that channel are KDMI-TV, Des Moines, IA & KYTV-TV, Springfield, MO. There is also KWCH-TV, in Wichita, KS.

It also picks up ATSC 1.0 TV stations, as well.
Question is, even if you could receive a DX ATSC 3.0 broadcast from the OKC market or elsewhere. What would you really hope to see that's any different than their 1.0 broadcasts?

Since virtually all broadcasters that have converted to ATSC 3.0 are doing right now is simulcasting their same 720p or 1080i signals in the 3.0 format, which look no different than in 1.0.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Question is, even if you could receive a DX ATSC 3.0 broadcast from the OKC market or elsewhere. What would you really hope to see that's any different than their 1.0 broadcasts?

Since virtually all broadcasters that have converted to ATSC 3.0 are doing right now is simulcasting their same 720p or 1080i signals in the 3.0 format, which look no different than in 1.0.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
I know that there wouldn't, for now, be much different to see. It would be, more so, to see just how robust the ATSC 3.0 signal is. I also got the HDHR5-4K to replace, or to be used alongside, my HDHR4-2US.

Nashville? How is that even possible? Was that ATSC3?

I can't tell from this map if Nashville is part of an orange blob "active market" or not:

I can't tell from this map if Nashville is part of an orange blob "active market" or not:

Nashville is an active 3.0 market. They've got two 3.0 transmitters running. I was able to get some signal from Southern TN. Most of my reception came off of the QAM64 signals rather than the QAM256 signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts