I Just Recorded 3 hours of "CHECK BACK OFTEN..."

arghargh

Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
PA
Often, when I am recording something from my local FSN HD affiliate, my DVR records three hours of "CHECK BACK OFTEN TO SEE IF YOUR FAVORITE TEAM IS PLAYING IN HD" :(

If I happen to come in and observe it doing this, by stopping the recording and watching it live, I notice that the event is being presented. The VIP722 is simply not recording it, but seems to be stuck on what was on when the unit began recording.

Any ideas why this happens? :confused:

Thanks.

I experienced the same behavior with my 622 last year. I couldn't really find a pattern but would have this happen maybe 1 out of every 20 times I was set to record from my RSN. Talked with Dish, they had me try various tests and in the end replaced the receiver. Haven't had this happen since but I've also tried to record very few RSN games. Once baseball season starts back up I'll be able to determine if the problem is really fixed.

I have had it happen to me as well. I believe that the HD feed is not active yet when the recording begins, and the channel doesn't follow the feed. I could be off my rocker though.

Same thing happened to me and i found out if i set the recording to start on time and not the normal 1 minute early then it works every time. I called to complain and they didn't have any good explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)