Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SO I just signed up for XStreamHD and was #10 to sign up (according to the confirmation number.)

Anyone else sign up yet?

Not till like Don Landis said, there is a bit more info---do you own the equipment or is it leased--numbers like monthly fee, rental cost--time from order till viewable--time frame that is viewable 24 hrs 48 hrs?--what is available (how many movies are available today-tomorrow) is looped all the time like HBO, Showtime etc?

Last edited:
It looks pretty expensive if I'm reading their web site correctly...$399 or $499 for the receivers plus PPV costs and installation?

I hope this isn't the case... but just in case :)

6a00e5515a241a88340115700d56f6970b-800wi

Wait, so it's $400 for equipment, you have to install yet another dish, there's a monthly fee, and you have to pay an additional fee per movie? Really? Have these people heard of Apple and Netflix? for $9 a month I get unlimited Bluray rentals, one at a time. For a little more I can get 2 or 3 at a time. Or I could go with Blockbuster and swap them in store. Plus, probably for what it's going to cost to rent from XStream, I can rent from Apple and play it on my iPhone or my Apple TV. For the cost of the equipment alone I could buy 16-17 new release blurays, and that's at full price, not considering sales.

Great questions!

First of all, let me thank everyone who has raised great questions about XStreamHD. Attached please find a copy of the XStreamHD brochure and detailed specifications for the products. I hope that this information will provide you some of answers to the great questions raised.

Let me provide you with some of the basics about XStreamHD:

• Patent-pending Satellite Technology -- Receives multiple streams of HD entertainment at rates up to 180MBps to the XStreamHD Media Server
  • Pre-Fetched Entertainment -- Allows for instant access to Full HD entertainment from the Media Server across your home entertainment network
  • Network Video Recorder with 3 HDTV Tuners -- Enables multi-room access to live and recorded off-air digital TV (all broadcast channels)
  • Scalable Storage -- The HD Media Server comes standard with a 1TB Seagate HDD Pipeline Pro Drive and is also available with two 1TB drives and two 2TB drives, plus there's an eSATA to access external storage
  • XStreamHD offers two starter packages -- the Fast Start and the PRO Start. Each starter packages includes everything that you need to get started enjoying XStreamHD in the home. More information is available at www.[I]XStreamHD[/I].com and on the back of the brochure
I will keep the updates coming. Thanks for all of the questions and comments!

XStreamHDGuy

Attachments

• XStreamHD_Broch.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 312
  • Media_Server_spec_sheets.pdf
    312 KB · Views: 388
  • Media_Receiver_spec_sheet.pdf
    659.6 KB · Views: 340
  • Pro_Receiver_specl_sheets.pdf
    541.1 KB · Views: 304
Meh, the brochures are nothing new. The brochures, the website info, and company statements we've not gotten really any questions answered. We've got plenty in this new forum, but I haven't seen any definitive answers to anything.

Now that you are here, I hope you can address some questions directly. Welcome.

You want questions answered?

Then be here on Tuesday night at 7PM Eastern Time as the CEO George Gonzalez will be here with me taking your questions on the phone. :)

That's when you will get your questions answered! :D

SO I just signed up for XStreamHD and was #10 to sign up (according to the confirmation number.)

Anyone else sign up yet?

I'm waiting to see if PG let's you live, first. ;)

Actually, I'm not their target audience. Not that much disposable income.

I'm waiting to see if PG let's you live, first. ;)

Actually, I'm not their target audience. Not that much disposable income.
PG is the one who wanted me to order it. It surprised me when she told me to get it. She played with it at CES and liked the system.

She greenlighted it before I even had a chance to ask. :D

You want questions answered?

Then be here on Tuesday night at 7PM Eastern Time as the CEO George Gonzalez will be here with me taking your questions on the phone. :)

That's when you will get your questions answered! :D

Well, yes, I do have questions and plan on calling in. I am hoping the whole call in or at least the transcript will be available for all afterward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts