I just signed up.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Thread Starter
Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,687
20,237
Newington, CT
I just signed up for VOOM and am due for install on Tueday between Noon and 5pm.

I am so excited. :)

Anything I should know, expect or do before the install?
 
S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
Welcome to the VOOM family Scott. We will have a party for you on Tuesday and officially baptize you in the hd data stream of VOOM. You know -- Get a hold of that installer.
 
Ilya

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
24,223
9,891
NE OH
Scott, what took you so long?!! :)
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Thread Starter
Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,687
20,237
Newington, CT
How do I get ahold of the installer? All's I got was a install conf number and and order number.

And MAN can they make the text on the VOOM members site any smaller? :D

Ilya, I am not made of money. :) The offer finally became good enough to afford. :D
 
S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
888 987 3474 installs Inc. Tell them to have the installer call you as they will not give you the his/her number.
 
Ilya

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
24,223
9,891
NE OH
Ilya, I am not made of money. :) The offer finally became good enough to afford. :D
I guess, it all depends on your point of view. The way I see it, VOOM was free for the past 4-5 months. Now they are going to make you pay for it! :yes
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Thread Starter
Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,687
20,237
Newington, CT
I didn't have $800 around to spend, especially with the holidays, birthdays etc. :)

This Zero down is great.

The Kids are excited, they love going to Sears and watching the old cartoons. :D
 
Ilya

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
24,223
9,891
NE OH
Hey, I was just teasing you! The new lease deal is great indeed. The best thing about it: you won't get stuck with the old box, especially with that DVR on the horizon.
 
R

rudolpht

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
587
0
Scott,

Welcome to the Dark Side :) [He says having just sold all my Dish equipment, including 921]

Tim
 
P

pmalve

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
219
0
Scott Greczkowski said:
I didn't have $800 around to spend, especially with the holidays, birthdays etc. :)

This Zero down is great.

The Kids are excited, they love going to Sears and watching the old cartoons. :D


Scott, had mine installed yesterday. At least 2 of us in CT with it. Are you going to keep your dishnetwork reciever for ota channels? This mapping thing with Voom is a pain in the rear. Had to reboot it 6 times for some of the channels to show up in guide. Still havent got all that I am supposed to get. Also now that WTIC is live there is no way for you to add it. You have to wait for them to put it in somehow. WVIT is supposed to be live by the end of the month and I want that too as I cant get WWLP. Enough ranting. Picture quality is awesome. I think even SD picture is better than dish. I cancelled dish a year ago when I bought projection TV because SD picture was not good. Digital cable was much better. I am glad to get rid of cable though because am tired of them raising rates, changing packages etc. If you have another calibration party I would like to come. Missed the last one, didn't read your post in time.
 
P

pmalve

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
219
0
Scott, also you will have much more knowledge than your installer. We are lucky to have learned a lot here. My installer was a nice guy, but all he really knew how to do was mount dish, get signal with meter and call in to activate reciever.
 
M

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
1,154
0
Vernon, CT
Hey pm, to bring our conversation over here... did you allow the installer to use a diplexer or not? Just curious. I would prefer that they not, because I know I'm going to tear that Stealth down about 10 minutes after they leave and put up a rotor system. But if I can have them runt he wire for me already, so much the better.
 
P

pmalve

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
219
0
madpoet said:
Hey pm, to bring our conversation over here... did you allow the installer to use a diplexer or not? Just curious. I would prefer that they not, because I know I'm going to tear that Stealth down about 10 minutes after they leave and put up a rotor system. But if I can have them runt he wire for me already, so much the better.
I didnt let him install diplexer because I know I am going to put up antenna and rotor. Trying to decide on antenna now. Think I have to get a combo as we have VHF and UHF broadcasting digital. Think I am going to get a Winegard HD8200P as that way I can get the New York analog channels also. Am just worried it might be too much for the local digital channels. I dont know if you can have too big an antenna. Bigger is better right.
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Thread Starter
Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,687
20,237
Newington, CT
The company I work for owns (and runs) the Channel 61 tower (we use to own Channel 61 too) :)

I am undecided if I will let him mount a Dish or just use my existing Dish Network Dish. (If he mounts a dish it will be the 4th dish on the house) Dont know if the wife will like that much. :D

I am so looking forward to getting VOOM. :D
 
M

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
1,154
0
Vernon, CT
I was told that what you really want is more than enough antenna so that you don't have to use a preamp. The antenna itself won't overload your locals, but a preamp can. Then from there, you use a distributed amp. I am far from an expert, this is jsut what I've gethered talking to other antenna people over at Home Theater Spot.

_MP
 
P

pmalve

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
219
0
Scott Greczkowski said:
The company I work for owns (and runs) the Channel 61 tower (we use to own Channel 61 too) :)

I am undecided if I will let him mount a Dish or just use my existing Dish Network Dish. (If he mounts a dish it will be the 4th dish on the house) Dont know if the wife will like that much. :D

I am so looking forward to getting VOOM. :D


Do you still use all 4 dishes? My wife is after me to take my C-Band dish down. I would use the 61.5 Dish antenna because you aren't going to use Dish for Hd except maybe until we get ESPNHD. You already have superdish for dishnetwork, don't you? Your wife is a saint. Mine really is too. She just likes to give me a hard time. Going to return my HDcable box now. It is a good day. :)
 
n0qcu

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
4,930
1,518
Earth
Scott Greczkowski said:
I just signed up for VOOM and am due for install on Tueday between Noon and 5pm.

I am so excited. :)

Anything I should know, expect or do before the install?

Thats great Scott, I was supossed to be installed saturday between 12-5 asnd my installed called and had to reschedule because of some sort of training for voom on sunday. Now I have to wait untill 9:00 on the 16th.
 
keno

keno

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 17, 2004
97
0
pmalve said:
I didnt let him install diplexer because I know I am going to put up antenna and rotor. Trying to decide on antenna now. Think I have to get a combo as we have VHF and UHF broadcasting digital. Think I am going to get a Winegard HD8200P as that way I can get the New York analog channels also. Am just worried it might be too much for the local digital channels. I dont know if you can have too big an antenna. Bigger is better right.

I am currently a Dish subscriber. I have an 811 receiver (I got this free from Dish under a promotion last December). However, I am disgruntled with their HD selections and thinking of adding Voom. I thought Voom came with an outdoor antenna. Why do you need to buy one?
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Thread Starter
Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,687
20,237
Newington, CT
pmalve said:
Do you still use all 4 dishes? My wife is after me to take my C-Band dish down. I would use the 61.5 Dish antenna because you aren't going to use Dish for Hd except maybe until we get ESPNHD. You already have superdish for dishnetwork, don't you? Your wife is a saint. Mine really is too. She just likes to give me a hard time. Going to return my HDcable box now. It is a good day. :)
Yes all 4 dishes will be in use. We are keeping Dish Network, I am just getting VOOM for the HD channels, not the basic cable fair.

She agreed to get VOOM after she watched Felix the Cat the other day while at Sears. :)
 
M

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
1,154
0
Vernon, CT
Keno, the Stealth OTA antenna that they put up in a lot of places isn't the greatest. And if you need a rotor, etc; then you'll really want your own. It's free, so let them put it up and then change it if you need to.

-MP
 

Similar threads

M
Replies
29
Views
2K
Mystikal
M
T
Replies
1
Views
1K
Tvlman
Tvlman
T
Replies
1
Views
942
Mr. Biggles
M
N
Replies
18
Views
2K
Sean Mota
S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top