I just switched from comcast to Dish....

Try pushing the format button on the dish remote. It sounds like it may be zoomed....

The bottom of the remote. The star button. That's format. Cycle thru till it looks right.

I was thinking the same thing, hopefully this works

I was thinking the same thing, hopefully this works

No, i know about the star button. It's at normal view right now. I think the hd input to the receiver/house isn't as sharpe as it should be.
I've concluded that this is not a user error nor a signal error. I called the dish guy and he went through the signals and said it was good.
He's going to bring another receiver sat and see if it'll be clearer. It's either something wrong with the receiver or this is probably as good as it will get. Thus, i'll be disappointed with Dish.
On local channels, 2,3,4,7 etc, the HD channels are a little better than standard. With comcast, it was night and day.. huge difference. With dish, the pic quality is obviously only slightly better than standard for local channels. The HD HBO etc channels are better but not as sharp as what hd should be, but better than the HD local channels.

No, i know about the star button. It's at normal view right now. I think the hd input to the receiver/house isn't as sharpe as it should be.
I've concluded that this is not a user error nor a signal error. I called the dish guy and he went through the signals and said it was good.
He's going to bring another receiver sat and see if it'll be clearer. It's either something wrong with the receiver or this is probably as good as it will get. Thus, i'll be disappointed with Dish.
On local channels, 2,3,4,7 etc, the HD channels are a little better than standard. With comcast, it was night and day.. huge difference. With dish, the pic quality is obviously only slightly better than standard for local channels. The HD HBO etc channels are better but not as sharp as what hd should be, but better than the HD local channels.

Hopefully it works out for you

As I said..why not try another TV be it borrow one from someone or whatever. Rather than have a tech waste time and if you did call Dish right after the visit to setup another appointment now that guy has a trouble call on him to deal with. I went to a lady today that had a TV that the picture went worse with a better HD receiver when all she had to do was adjust the TV settings to compensate for the bad picture she had before or non -hd picture. She didn't know how to adjust the TV so she called Dish and setup a return TC which burned the previous tech when his install was perfect, gotta love it.

Have you tried making picture adjustments with the tv's picture controls? What's best for a cable signal is not necessarily best for a sat signal or dvd signal, etc....

I also have a sony bravia tv as the original poster and gave him instructions on how to setup the tv so it maps pixel by pixel without scaling, but he didn't seem interested

Not a pro like the others here, but its the 722 you are having the problem with. By chance is the Sony TV setup to use the 2nd tuner in a different room than the 722 receiver? If so, it is SD ONLY. I didn't see the OP mention whether it was or not.

The problem with the bolded is the signal going into the house is the same for EVERYONE. So either the Dish feed is truly terrible compared to your cable feed, and everyone here doesn't know what they're talking about, or you have some kind of issue (whether hardware or software based). I still suggest swapping receivers between your rooms and see if the problem follows the receiver or stays with your TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)